928 AWS Enabled?
nozirevym

Hello,  There have been many articles about the Nokia Lumia 928 as being hardware ready for Verizon's Advanced Wireless Services network (AWS).

Nokia received permission from the FCC: ID QMNRM-860 (Approved Feb 22, 2013) for an in the field software upgrade that  would enable LTE band 4 (UL 1710-1755 Mhz, DL 2110-2155 MHz) on the Nokia Lumia 928.

Usually, there is an answer on the Internet for any question one might have but I have researched this extensively and cannot find an answer to the question: Has there been a radio software upgrade enabling AWS on the Nokia Lumia 928?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 928 AWS Enabled?
nozirevym

NOTE! Accidently marked as "Assumed Answered"

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you phone received a software upgrade I think you would have noticed. Which software version do you have now.

0 Likes
nozirevym

Lumia Black

OS version: 8.0.10517.150

Firmware revision number: 3051.40000.1352.0058

Hardware revision number: 1.0.0.0

Radio software version: 2.0.092073.3

0 Likes
Not applicable

You have the latest update for that phone which came out about 10 days ago. Whether or not that means it supports AWS is anyone's guess

0 Likes
nozirevym

I know. Does it include the radio software upgrade that Nokia received approval for?

0 Likes
Not applicable

nozirevym wrote:

I know. Does it include the radio software upgrade that Nokia received approval for?

The list of "improvements" did not say anything about that. of course I do not know how many other updates this phone has received or what their benefits were. Verizon wants all new phones to be AWS enabled and I'm pretty sure since the 928 can support AWS there is no reason why Verizon wouldn't want it enabled.

0 Likes
nozirevym

Nor did the Lumia Amber list of improvements mention anything about it. Nokia has not mentioned anything about it. I contacted their support and received the following:

"I hope for your kind understanding as for now, there is no such information available in our end regarding the radio software upgrade enabling AWS on the Lumia 928." Josh (10:07:56)

Nokia's request was approved 02/2013. Verizon has deployed AWS. What happened to the upgrade?

0 Likes
Not applicable

AWS is in very few areas now. Of course you may very well live in one of those areas. Anyways unless you are in a congested area AWS won't matter. As I said Verizon has it stipulated that all new phones coming out as of Jan 2014 MUST be AWS enabled. So if there that desperate to have as many AWS enabled phone out there it makes sense to enabled on the 928. But that's my logic

0 Likes
nozirevym

Thanks sirguy. Your logic is very reasonable and makes perfect sense but does not answer my question.

0 Likes