822 update has been released already?
Kbos

The windows website days the update is available for the 822 (except for cyan?)

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-north...

but I cant seem to update my phone still, am I doing something wrong?

Or is it still unreleased??

-kelly

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: 822 update has been released already?
primortal
Master - Level 1

The key is 'except for Cyan'.  That update contains Windows Phone 8.1 and the firmware update (called Cyan).  We're in a wait state with VZW and Microsoft.  See this post, Microsoft: 'Work is underway' on Verizon's Lumia Cyan Updates

0 Likes
Kbos

Oh, thank you for clearing that up for me I was confused, I don't want to get nit picky but this update sure is taking a long time to hit the states. My bf has a UK carrier and he got the update months ago with an even older lumia I'm super jealous. It just looks so shiny and nice I wish Verizon would say something less vague about when it will be released.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

VZW is absolutely horrendous with update transparency.

It took VZW 4 months to release the last OS update back in February.

I'm guessing VZW/Microsoft are working out the kinks for XLTE and VoLTE.

0 Likes
Kbos

They really are, ever since I started trying to get this 8.1 update I've heard a lot about how Verizon is always last to update their systems.

I suppose they are still working out the kinks, they don't seem to like the windows phones much here in the first place it took them forever to get a decent Nokia lumia phone.

0 Likes
saurabh82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally agree, spent 4-5 hours and people kept me bouncing from one department to another.

0 Likes
ReallyMadCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 3

The specifications for the Nokia Lumia 822 at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/phone/lumia822/specifications/

include Windows Phone 8.1 as the operating system and Lumia Cyan..

Microsoft also says: "The Lumia 822, exclusively from Verizon".

0 Likes
jeffindayton
Enthusiast - Level 3

it now reads:

Software release: Windows Phone 8 with Lumia Black

0 Likes
HRMitchell
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree that they don't seem to like Windows Phone much; that could be one of the reasons they are no longer a preferred Microsoft partner.

As for the delay in getting Cyan, Denim has been announced. Any guesses as to how long before Verizon will have it on their phones?

0 Likes