Re: 10yr customer switching to AT&T from Verizon for the Nokia 900 Lumia
jimhamill3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. Still wish VZW would give better support to the Windows platform. Terrible only having one phone to choose from plus it comes with 7.0 and has to be upgraded by the customer to 7.5. Not good customer service.

jimhamill3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Then the manufacturers need to reflect that in their user manuals instead of saying pictures can be attached. Same sentiment was expressed by two VZW people. Guess they need to be trained in the wp7 system.

bartstarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

@AZSALUKI:  I hear you on the coverage issues here in AZ

I live in north Phoenix (Anthem), and unfortunately, VZW is the ONLY service that works in the Country Club, and nearly everywhere else in AZ.

I have a number of friends and relatives that have iPhones and WP7 phones on AT&T, and their signals die almost as soon as they pass through the CC gates.  It must be the local mountains that block the AT&T signals for them.

In my case, VZW is the ONLY service that works up here, which frankly sucks due to their handling of WP7 devices.

I would switch in a heatbaeat if AT&T or any other carrier could provide service on the back side of Daisy Mountian.

0 Likes
justin_m_chase
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Verizon supports LTE and the lumia 900 is an LTE phone why won't it just work. If you just bought one at full price from wherever, can they not just activate it to work on verizons network? Or is there something special they have to do for every type of device?

I'm in the same boat as you basically. I like Verizon's network and service but want that sweet Lumia.

primortal
Master - Level 1

Not all LTE networks are the same Smiley Happy

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388526,00.asp

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

justin.m.chase wrote:

If Verizon supports LTE and the lumia 900 is an LTE phone why won't it just work. If you just bought one at full price from wherever, can they not just activate it to work on verizons network? Or is there something special they have to do for every type of device?

I'm in the same boat as you basically. I like Verizon's network and service but want that sweet Lumia.

Network frequancies is the diffrence, the devices radio has to be able to communicate in the language that that the network towers can understand what to do with the data.

0 Likes
sanford727
Enthusiast - Level 3

I always find these threads rather amusing. Its like everyone is complaing because they want the fast phone and how they won't be behind the curve but with AT&T no matter if you have a super computer you will always be bottlenecked by your network. I will take a slower android phone any day over a "top of the line"Nokia from AT&T. My question to you is if anything I said doesn't make sense imagine it like this. You have the worlds greatest looking race car, it even sounds like a fast car but when you open up the hood it has a lawnmower motor in it. That is waht the Lumia will be like on the AT&T network. Just give it time VErizon won't just give up on the newest phones. The reason the iPhone took forever to get was that AT&T had the patent and copyrights to it for the first 4 years.

0 Likes
justin_m_chase
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see, it would be awfully nice if it actually was that easy to switch though.

0 Likes
justin_m_chase
Enthusiast - Level 2

Or another option: get the racecar and the race track. Why do we have to keep settling for less?

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

you settle for less because some of you are locked in with coverage, others are locked into family plans and 2-year contracts and others are fearful of change. In short Verizon KNOWS most won't leave for at&t even if the coverage is 100% identical. F.U.D. tactics still work!