first month bill was $20 more than promised

bb29

they say it is a line access fee and cannot do anything about it. except switch to prepaid.  I was promised 35/mo, but they charged 55.  what can I do?  I chatted with them about it last week but they have not followed up with me as they promised and chat isn't working today.

Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: first month bill was $20 more than promised

boringusername

@bb29 wrote:

they say it is a line access fee and cannot do anything about it. except switch to prepaid.  I was promised 35/mo, but they charged 55.  what can I do?  I chatted with them about it last week but they have not followed up with me as they promised and chat isn't working today.

I assume you're on a tiered data plan. $35 is the data fee. $20 is the line fee, it's right on the website. next tme read the plan terms

0 Likes

bb29

I ordered it all over the phone - no website.  they said 35 and bill came with extra 20.

they lied.  what should be done?

0 Likes

boringusername

@bb29 wrote:

I ordered it all over the phone - no website.  they said 35 and bill came with extra 20.

they lied.  what should be done?

Nothing.  You should have ordered online where you can read the terms. You should ahve looked online for the terms anyway. no excuse for not being an informed consumer. Also they may have told you and you chose not to hear it. You're not getting service without the fee so forget that idea. You honestly think Verizon was going to be cheaper than t-mobile?

Annotation 2019-05-15 222250.jpg

By the way they have a 5 GB plan for a single line for the same price if you do autopay and paperless

0 Likes

Chefdavej

I signed up online on Monday May 8, 2019 and have the same issue.

Spoke to customer service and the issue had to go "higher up", but 10 days passed and they still hadn't gotten in touch with me. 2nd call and I was given the "offer" of having the $20 taken off - but only for the 1st bill, and only if I agreed to stay with Verizon and continue paying the $20 extra/month going froward. 
I've filed an online complaint form with the Attorney General.

"Bait & Switch.
On May 6, 2019 I signed up for a Verizon Wireless plan, online, which had a monthly $0 Line Access Charge.
After signing up, the charges summary detailed a $20 Line Access Charge.
I called customer service right away and spent a long time on the phone with Christina Ray, emailing to her the same photos I have uploaded here.
Neither she nor her supervisor (whom I was not given the opportunity to speak with) were able to resolve the issue but I was told it would be handled by someone higher up.
By May 16 I still had not received any sort of communication from anyone at Verizon, but I did receive an official bill which confirmed the $20 Line Access Charge.
I called customer service and spoke with Aimee Glover who ultimately was also not able to resolve this issue, nor did she attempt to take it to a manager, supervisor or anyone who might have additional authority over billing issues.
Miss Glover did offer to remove the $20 additional charge - but only for the 1st bill and only with the caveat that I continue to stay with Verizon, and agree to pay the $20 extra every month thereafter.
This dishonesty and Bait & Switch by this major corporate entity is simply not acceptable. These tactics are not acceptable by any company - tiny or huge. I wouldn't tolerate it from a small business, nor would I ever think of running my small business in this manner.
The Verizon website has since been modified and updated. Among other details, visual and technical changes, They are now explicitly stating a $20 line access charge for my plan."

I've asked for a significant resolution. My time is valuable and they've cost me over 5 hours already.

Verizon2.pngVerizon.png

0 Likes
Highlighted

boringusername

Go and file acomplaint it will get nowhere. You want special treatment. You want to avoid paying something everyone else ontthe same paln does. Aint happening. Even in the pic it clearly says its showing account access charge only. Line access i not new it has been around for years. Use some logic. So a 8 GB plan should only cost $70 whether you have 1 line or 10 lines? What a deal! Only $7 a month for phone service. Does that remotely sound logical?

0 Likes