data plan

todd333

Hello. I have a question about my plan. I have 3 phones on the plan. all smart phones and it's an 8GB (medium) plan I think. my phone uses the least amout of data I realy use 1 GB of data if I go over that it's because Were on vactaion. my wife uses about 2 GB and a teenage son that uses the rest and then some. now that school is back in scession social medai time is though the roof as well as using it for "school" work his school no longer has wifi in the past he just latched onto that while in school and it kept the data usage down not any more so the last 2 month we have gone over and it really angers me that we go over and I have to pay extara last month it was .001 MB of data and I was still charged we do  not have roll over data/minutes etc. I tried to get his phone as unlimited and the rest on a smaller plan it would cot even more then I am with the overage. what other choices do I have plan wise. try tell a teeange to tone it down on the data. LOL! We were ok till school started abck up and lost the wifi. 

Tags (3)
0 Likes

Re: data plan

Community Manager
Community Manager
Having the right plan for our family's needs is crucial. Especially when there is no Wi-Fi available at School, at home, etc. Verizon Wireless is aware that each person in our family uses their phone in a different way, and offers us new plans. Please take a moment to review them in the link below, and tell us if you are interested in taking advantage of them.

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

I never had a problem telling my 2 teenagers to control their data usage when I had a shared data plan. With them having to pay the overage or losing their phone, they got the message pretty quick.

Regardless, you could subscribe to SmartFamily for $4.99/month in order to limit the amount of data your teenager uses. Does your plan include safety mode? If so, you could activate that at no cost and have your data slowed after you exceed your monthly data allowance and not have to worry about overage costs. Your data would be returned to normal at the beginning of your next billing cycle.

todd333

Oh he pays me. when it goes over. If they had a 10GB plan that would work they have a plan that goes from 4-8GM for $20.00 a month I'm take an extra 4 for another $20. instaed of just going over and paying $15.00 angers me and him too Smiley Wink  I have anothet one that will get a phone in the next year or so and I will have to revisit this again. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm glad to hear that you have worked out a strategy for taking care of those occasional overages, todd333. In our last message, we mentioned checking our our new plans. Did you get a chance to check those out? rcschnoor had some excellent ideas as well with the suggestions of using either Safety Mode or Smart Family (or even both). Here are some tools to monitor usage as well: http://spr.ly/66071EvQZ If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes

todd333

that doesn't help me much. having a 1 tier higher in data would help with a jump of 2GB for an extar 5$ for each GB would be great instead of charging $15.00 for 1 GB and I go over by possibly 1 MB of data.  that is what get's me riled up! 

0 Likes