Highlighted

Where I can file a serious complaint about a Premium Verizon Retailer store ?

Where I can file a serious complaint about a Premium Verizon Retailer store ?

Yesterday, I had the worst experience from the below VerizonWireless Premium Retailer store.

Verizon Corp MUST kick this store out from the Verizon 3rd Party.

They will smear your reputation. Verizon Corp must take this issue very seriously.

Information about VerizonWireless Premium Retailer store.

641 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10022

P 212-826-5048

DCA# 1450142

Here is what happened yesterday on 6/30/2014 at 5pm

I tried to change my cell phone from Iphone5 to Galaxy S5. (I paid full price for S5 from the Best Buy)

I called verizon for figuring out how much does it cost to transfer account to my new phone.

Verizon Rep said that I need a new sim card and it is free.

I went to the above VerizonWireless Premium Retailer store for changing my phone.

The guy at the store transferred account to my new phone with inserting a new sim card.

After everything was all set, he said that I need to pay $40 + tax which is $43.55.

I asked him "isn;t it free?" and "if it is not free, why you didn't inform me about the cost in advance?"

The guy clearly told me "It can't be free, wherever you go." I asked him again that Verizon Rep told me it is free. He replied that absolutely, I had a wrong information. I must pay the money and all Verizonwireless stores will charge me. So I trust him and paid the money.

Right after that, I called Verizon to verify the information.

Verizon Rep told me it is absolutely free. He told me that they look like Verizon but they are 3rd party. How could I distinguish whether they are 3rd party or not. Anyway, Verizon Rep advised me to go back to the store and refund it and then go to Corp Verizon store instead of Premium VerizonWireless retailer store. Verizon Rep told me that they should refund it me, no matter the Sim card was activated or not.

So, I went back to the store, asked them refund it. They refused to refund it. The worst thing was they ridiculed me.

Especially, the manager Jeff. He has really fucking attitude.  

They kept saying it can't be free and once a sim card activated there is no reason to refund it to me.

So, I asked them to call Verizon and figure it out who is right. They said they wouldn't call to Verizon.

I pulled a sim card out from my phone and left it.

I really upset and pissed off.

I googled the store. I am not the only victim. There are so many people scammed too.

Check this reviews.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/verizon-wireless-stay-connected-new-york-2

Verizon Must do something for this tragedy.

thanks for reading.

Best,

UNIL

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Where I can file a serious complaint about a Premium Verizon Retailer store ?

Verizon retail stores don't charge for SIM cards. Verizon authorized resellers can, and usually do. They should have informed you beforehand, but they didn't. Did you pay by credit card? If so, dispute the charges via your creditor.

For the record, this is not a tragedy. A tragedy is a soldier dying in Iraq. This was just a misunderstanding, turned into a terrible store manager.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Where I can file a serious complaint about a Premium Verizon Retailer store ?

Sr. Leader

SIM cards are only free at Verizon corporate stores. ALL 3rd party retailers will charge you for them.

It was not the smartest thing to leave the SIM card there. SIM cards can retain personal information after they are taken out of your phone. Hopefully no one will take advantage of any personal information which may be left on the SIM card you left.

The sales rep did exactly what you asked. The fact you did not ask what the price was before you started the transaction is your fault.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

NEILSNYC,

I am so sorry to hear about this less then stellar experience you had at the Lexington Ave, store in New York, New York. We always want to you be advised of any fees upfront so they are not a surprise later on. I will be sure to submit feedback regarding your interaction at this store location so we can make sure this does not happen in the future. Were you able to get another SIM card from a corporate VZW store?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes