PS3 downloads

Kosneffect

I got my 3g card I can use for internet and I got my phone I can use as the same thing. Did Verizon change the download speeds and just say screw me for downloading content? My download speed on my 4g phone ranges from .01-.41 wtf is up with this. 3 years ago I could download updates to my ps3 with game downloads and not use all of my data plan. Now they want me to upgrade so they get more money wtf is up with that? I know 4g takes a little more data. If I use my 3g card it goes out of the roof. Then I gotta travel across town to use cable internet to download my games. Any help would be nice.

0 Likes

Re: PS3 downloads

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to help make sure you get the best speeds possible, Kosneffect. Let's keep you at home and easily completing your downloads. What model phone are you using? Are you only seeing those speeds when using the phone as an internet hotspot or also when visiting www.speedtest.net straight from the phone? What speeds do you get with your 3G card? What zipcode are you getting these slower speeds in? Please share some more details and we'll dig a bit deeper.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes

Kosneffect

I get shit for download speeds. Using my RAZR m as a hot spot the best download I got was .51 upload speed. I was in 4g coverage to.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing the phone model Kosneffect!  I actually have and use the same model device and my 4G speeds are great.  Let's see what could be causing the slow down.

I will need the zip code to check our network in that particular area.  Have you tested the speeds while outdoors?  Have you tried removing and reinserting your 4G SIM Card http://vz.to/18FRlZ2?  Please let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

Kosneffect

56560 is my zip code. I have tried everything. I think its just your guys network.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Kosneffect,

Thanks for the zipcode. There are no issues reported in the area. I absolutely want to make sure we get you back in the fast lane. We may need to file a ticket with our network team. Please follow me and dm me your mobile number and billing system password.

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes

Kosneffect

>>Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service .  Personal information such as full names, phone numbers, and passwords should be shared with Verizon reps via Direct Message (How To: Direct Message), not posted on this public forum<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the information, Kosneffect.
From what we can tell, you are near I94. While traveling along an interstate or being closer to a large interstate, it is normal for devices to have fluctuating signal as they move between cell sites and the terrain in the area changes.
It also varies with the amount of users or traffic on nearby towers.
Different devices may also calculate different speeds due to the type of antenna it uses.
We recently had engineers check the towers in the area and they are processing data and calls normally.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes