No internet connection

Rgw9449

I stopped getting internet connection in my town right about the time I switched to an unlimited plan. The interactive coverage map shows full coverage on my area. After speaking to a Verizon representative, I was given to believe that my phone was the issue (LG G5) because of a slew of issues with the model. I bought the Pixel 3XL today and the problem persists. Is there anything I can try that could fix the problem? None of the other providers in my area have this issue. Zip code is 76450.

0 Likes

Re: No internet connection

Ann154
Expert

Which plan did you switch to? How are you using the data? Are you using it as a hotspot or something else? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Rgw9449

I'm using the go unlimited plan. I'm not using it as a hotspot, I use it for gps for my job and to stream music in the car. My connection cuts out in the middle of town, but works on the far north and far south sides of town. It used to work well everywhere.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Could you be experiencing congestion? The Go Unlimited Plan has a lower priority than the Beyond Unlimited Plan. Your streaming rate is also restricted to 480p. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-faqs/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Rgw9449

That's the only thing I can think of, but I'm not sure why it would work so well on the edges of town. I could be missing something though. I don't really know how this works.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing those details with us regarding the data connection in your town when you made the switch to our Go Unlimited Plan, Rgw9449.

We would be glad to explain how this specific plan works. The Go Unlimited Plan is designed for

average phone and tablet users, casual video streamers and low hotspot/tethering users.

Any time you are connected to a tower that is congested, the data speeds will be temporarily slower than other traffic. 

https://app.bitly.com/Bc8lcLUPxck/bitlinks/2i05FZe?query=network&filterActive=true

Do you notice speeds are slower during certain times of day? How about in a specific location? 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes