Highlighted

New Customer, Plan Misrepresented costing me significantly more than agent quoted

sperry2

I am new to Verizon as of August 2019.  At the time I moved, after 14+ years with my prior provider, the sales agent communicated a promotion, a plan and quoted a price which provided significant enough savings for me to switch.  Three months into my relatinship with Verizon none of what was promised has been delivered.  The promotion I haven't seen right on my bill yet, my employer's discount hasn't been applied and I've made numerous calls on this.  I was told earlier this week "the sales agent made a mistake"...  sorry but XXXXXXX is the best we can offer.  This is unacceptable, unethical and basically a 'bait and switch'.  I've left several messages with the Corporate office number and have yet to receive a call back.

0 Likes

Re: New Customer, Plan Misrepresented costing me significantly more than agent quoted

Community Manager
Community Manager

@sperry2

I'd like to welcome you aboard the Verizon Wireless family. However, I am also saddened that this has been your experience with our service since switching over. Please know that we do value your business, and it's important to me that we are always providing you with the stellar customer service experience you deserve. I am so sorry if that hasn't been your experience with our service since switching over. I would love the opportunity to turn this experience around for you so that you won't regret the switch.

Please share with me details about the promotion that was promised to you. Which plan are you on? Also, have you already registered your line for the employee discount: http://spr.ly/66001DsI6?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes

Re: New Customer, Plan Misrepresented costing me significantly more than agent quoted

sperry2

Good morning -

On August 2nd, I spoke with Nina in your National Telesales area (at least I think, I found a toll free number on the web and called it).  We discussed the following:
1) I was looking to move 4 lines over from Sprint and get new devices
2) Nina told me about the 650 Switcher promotion which she explained as follows:
- $200 prepaid Visa per activated line
- $450 devise credit per newly purchased device WITH NO TRADE IN REQUIRED
3) I received a 17% discount from Sprint based on my employer (Citibank) and wanted to make sure I would get an employee discount with Verizon
4) Nina and I talked about what Verizon had to offer and I purchased four new Apple iPhone XR 128 GB and paid what was required that day.  None of the documentation I have received from Verizon disclosed a required trade in and I have never received communication or materials from Verizon to ship the ‘old’ devices back.
5) Specific to the plan and activation, Nina told me the following:
- I would receive the Visa gift cards after I went through a weblink which I did.  I have received those cards
- The $400 device credit per activated line would show up on my bills between 2 and 3 billing cycles after activation.  The device credit would be spread equally over 24 months (the term of the contract).  The monthly cost per device without any credits is $33.33 per month.  The credit per device per month (450 / 24 = 18.75) would be applied to my bill which would reduce my monthly per device cost to $14.58 ($33.33 - $18.75 = $14.58) and that a catch-up would be applied to the first bill that the credit hit (again, between 2 and 3 bills per Nina).
-  My employee discount would be applied from the month it went through and would not be retro’d back to activation.  I needed to complete the process to become eligible for my discount, which I did.  At no time was I informed prior to purchasing the phones or activating that Unlimited Plans aren’t eligible for employee discounts and that Unlimited Plan discounts are only offered to Military and First Responders.  If I had known that during my discussion with Nina on August 2nd I would not have switched to Verizon.

I was expecting my bill to be $156 total ($55 per line X 4 minus $5 per line paperless billing / auto pay credit minus $11 per line employee discount) plus taxes and fees PLUS $58.32 for four devices ($14.58 per line as detailed above.

My bill hasn’t been this yet.

Specific to the devices, I was told and I confirmed back several times in my conversation with Nina that no trade in was required.  Based on that information I traded four devices in to Apple for gift cards (1 x $140 plus 3 x $100 = $440 total in gift cards).

I called several times inquiring about the promotion.  I finally got someone who told me what Nina told me was incorrect and a device trade in was required.  I don’t have any devices to trade in as Nina told me and I asked several times during our discussion on August 2nd that no trade in is required.  The agent on the phone (Colleen) told me the ‘best’ that could be done would be to give me account credits equal to the difference between what I received from Apple and the $450 device credit.  A lump credit was applied to my account.

This is an unacceptable solution as I made the decision to switch to Verizon based on what communicated by your agent on August 2nd.  What I am requesting is:
A)Verizon credit my account the full $450 per device and apply the credit equally over 24 months (including a 1x catch up from account opening) as explained by Nina.  The lump credit of the difference is not sufficient.  Also, by not spreading the amount equally over 24 months, taxes and fees are higher than would be calculated with the credit equally applied
B)Verizon to apply the 22% discount per line to my Plan cost

Both of those actions should reduce my bill to the amount which was calculated / discussed with Nina and get back down to the amount I have budgeted for wireless devices on a monthly basis.  No reasonable person would switch carriers so their bill would substantially increase.

alenic

Something similar happened to me.  Even though I hated AT&T, I regret switching.  Verizon lied about the cost and the coverage.  I would not recommend anyone switch to Verizon.

Robincook07

We have a similar problem at the onset of switching from Tmobile 55+ we were told we would have a 55+ plan with Verizon. The Verizon plan with insurance was to be unlimited data 4g for $20 more with auto bill pay. We were willing to pay the difference for better cell coverage. However, the plan issued to us was not a 55+ plan, but double what was promised. Contacted customer service and they basically offered no solution except a couple month discount then a rate $60 more than Tmobile. We went through a lot of hassle unlocking our phones ending with no service for 24 hrs. and I had to make numerous calls to get phone unlocked. Now we are faced with deciding if we should go back to Tmobile. Misrepresentations were made by the Verizon agent and customer service basically has said too bad. Perhaps you can help.

0 Likes

Feel Misrepresented! New Customer Paying More than Agent Quoted

Robincook07

New Customer, Plan Misrepresented costing me significantly more than agent quoted

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Robincook07,

Verizon Wireless does commit to delivering the best products and services with customer service being the priority. Operating with integrity is at the core of who we are as a company and it does concern us to hear you feel this way especially when starting new service. We would never want to part ways so we are here to help resolve this matter for you. Were you not offered the 55+ plan after speaking with us over the phone? Which plan were you switched to?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes

Robincook07

We are not sure which plan we now have. It seemed to be 2 unlimited plans for 85 per month plus 30 for insurance.  Then without authorization it was changed to a limited plan with a "safety mode" for an indefinite time awaiting when 55 plus came available. That plan was about 20 more than quoted. As well,  customer service told us the 55 plus would not be available. Too many games are being played. We also responded via email. 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is not the way we want to treat customers, Robincook07. It’s time we got to the details. Since that requires account access, I’ve sent you a Private Note for us to continue.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes

CHC3

Please contact me so we can make the changes we discussed. 

0 Likes