Mobile Broadband Priority for First Responders

mervin0587
Novice

Are any other First Responders having issues getting Verizon to add the features for first responders to their lines, such as the Mobile Broadband Priority or Wireless Priority Service?  I keep getting the run-a-round and none of the representatives have been able to help me, they just keep giving me different numbers to call and those different numbers give me more numbers to call and i'm getting nowhere.  Strong considering switching to FirstNet like the rest of my department if I can't get this resolved soon with Verizon.

0 Likes

Re: Mobile Broadband Priority for First Responders

Salisbury

About a month ago I was recieving mulitiple alerts from Verizon that the 911 system was out in my area. It ended up the 911 service became out in many states on the East Coast. Verizon then directed to call your fire or police directly during the outage. What a great job Verizon did with this situation. I don't understand your complaint, could you be more specific?

0 Likes

mervin0587
Novice

I am having trouble with having the feature Mobile Broadband Priority added to my account.

0 Likes

Smcmullen1

Did you ever figure this out? I'm running into the same issue. 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is not the experience we want for you, Smcmullen1. Let's ensure we get this resolved. What exactly is happening when you attempt to register? Please share details so we are caught up to speed. You can also find more details here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/first-responders-discounts-faqs/#now .

AnthonyC_VZW

0 Likes

mervin0587
Novice

I was finally able to get the features added to my account however I have noticed zero changes during times of network congestion and have brought it to Verizon’s attention several times and even opened a claim with the FCC but nothing ever came of it.  It’s complete false advertising in my opinion.  Also, ignore the forum rep that’s offering to help you bc they will not figure anything out, they don’t even know what the first responder features are.  Your best bet is the contact Verizon Enterprise but they just don’t seem to care about consumer users that are first responders.  I gave up.  I will say the Wireless Priority Service seems to work, but the data Priority has not changed for me at all.  Let me know if you figure anything out!  I might have a number I can give you to call just not sure if I can post it here without Verizon deleting it. 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

mervin0587, it's troubling to hear you have been experiencing these issues in your area, even after the priority feature was added to your account. What city/state are you in? What specific service issues do you run into?  andEricaG_VZW

0 Likes