Highlighted

Does the unlimited data plan include a Hotspot as well?

SHAZIA55

I have a unlimited data plan which was grandfathered in.  I have never used the hotspot feature before, but now I would like to use it.  I read somewhere that the hotspot uses the data from the monthly allowance, since I have unlimited data, I can use as much as I like from the hotspot, would that be a true statement?  Will there be any additional charges for turning the hotspot feature on my phone?  I am really confused about the options, please let me know.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Unlimited Data Plan - Does it include Hotspot as well?

Ann154
Expert

The mobile hotspot feature isn't part of the smartphone unlimited data plan you are paying for. You have to add the feature to the line through the Add Products and Features section of your MyVerizon account online. The cost is $30 per month for the hotspot feature on top of the unlimited smartphone data plan cost. It is an unlimited hotspot data so you could use as much as you want. However you should always be aware that Verizon Wireless considers anyone who uses more than 100 GB each month as excessive users and could force you to move to a tiered data plan or your account could be forcibly canceled by Verizon Wireless if you don't change to a tiered data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Expert

The mobile hotspot feature isn't part of the smartphone unlimited data plan you are paying for. You have to add the feature to the line through the Add Products and Features section of your MyVerizon account online. The cost is $30 per month for the hotspot feature on top of the unlimited smartphone data plan cost. It is an unlimited hotspot data so you could use as much as you want. However you should always be aware that Verizon Wireless considers anyone who uses more than 100 GB each month as excessive users and could force you to move to a tiered data plan or your account could be forcibly canceled by Verizon Wireless if you don't change to a tiered data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Flowergirl12

So, if I am understanding this correctly, I can add a mobile hotspot, say for a few days and work off of my grandfathered unlimited data plan?   In recent months, I have not been able to add the hotspot in MyVerizon acct online and have had to call in for the feature but they can never tell me how much data I would be able to use.  I get different answers from each agent I speak with.  It would be nice if someone could state this in an email to me or a rep from Verizon could state this online so I don't have to go through a hassle each time and deal with billing inaccuracies. 

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Yes. I have personally added and removed the mobile hotspot feature from my unlimited smartphone data plan many times over the years. It is located under the My Plan & Services > Manage Products and Apps area of your MyVerizon account online. If you plan to use it for only a few days the cost will be prorated, but the allowance is still unlimited.

Screenshot_20170109-151526.png