Deceived and taken advantage of on my Unlimited plan

Ironkidz

I have been a Verizon wireless customer for the better part of 10 years since I was with my parents in high school. I travel a large amount now for work and have opted to keep my unlimited plan by buying devices for full retail price while still paying subsidized prices on my monthly bill. I am ok with that because the necessity of data without caps while I am on the road, staying in communication with my family, and my corporate line being with VZW is convenient.

This morning I visited the store at 2210 Griffin Way Corona, CA 92879 to buy a new device after my old one was lost, but after waiting for 20 minutes for anyone to ask me if I would like help I left to buy my device at a local best buy who got me in and out with my Note 4 in about 10 minutes. Their lines for SIM cards was long so I went back to the VZW store to get a SIM card and explained to them that I already purchased a device and need a SIM for it. I was told no problem, and they began working on it. The lady who was helping me was elalisa-E10G1 and she was talking to my daughter, who had to endure the neglect from the earlier visit, about what she was going to be for Halloween and was distracting me with her entertainment. Needless to say, this made the burn from the previous neglect a little better and I left with my new SIM and activated my phone. I later got a strange text message stating that I was close to my limit, I thought this was strange and went online to find that I was 6 GB's over my monthly limit which was not 1.45 GB's. I went into my documents and saw that the small page she had me sign for my SIM was actually for the sale of a device WHICH SHE DID NOT SELL ME and was for the change of my plan to a 2 GB plan! SHE NEVER ASKED ME FOR THIS CONSENT, I NEVER AGREED TO THIS, AND SHE NEVER DISCLOSED WITH ANY TRANSPARENCY THAT SHE WAS DOING THIS. Further more, why would I ever agree to the same pricing for less data?! She clearly was trying to pad her sales numbers and make it appear that she sold me a device and/or upgraded me. I AM BEYOND LIVID AND DISAPPOINTED! I DEMAND MY UNLIMITED PLAN BACK! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Deceived and taken advantage of on my Unlimited plan

Not applicable

A) You SIGNED the document oking the change in plan.

B) Did you let her know you had unlimited data? Standard SIMs are not programmed for that plan. Even if you had used the Best Buy SIM you'd likely have lost you unlimited data.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ironkidz

That is where you are 100% wrong. On the 23rd, when I purchased my other Note 4, I went into my VZW store (another location) and they provided me with a SIM and did not need to change my plan. She provided me with a signature area and told me "This is for your new SIM" and the page that she presented did not show any changes to my plan or disclose any service changes. It simply said "Account owner signature". As any responsible, contract binding, corporation would do, you must provide transparency and disclosure to your customers (remember the sub-prime mortgage crisis?). This was clearly not done for me.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

you signed it without reading it that's on you. No one had a gun to your head.

Highlighted

Ironkidz

Thats a very immature and irresponsible way of looking at it. As a customer of a company that is heavily regulated and has a reputation of good corporate citizenship, one has a reasonable expectation that the representation of the warranty of the service provided would be adequate. The associate, if presenting a contract, should start from the first page, not the last where a signature is required. When you buy a car do they just give you one piece of paper asking for a signature? No, that would be considered unfair and deceptive. So is this. I am a college educated professional with an IQ and good common sense that I would know better to read a contract if presented one. I was under the impression I was signing a verification that I was the account owner and was NEVER presented with any indication that anything other than my request for a SIM was being fulfilled. Verizon was in the wrong plain and simple from any business standard.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

You have a right to see any contract you are singing for and if they refuse to present it to you then you option is to leave the store. Odds are your unlimited data is gone. You might have a chance to get it back but you only have 14 days and today is day 10. So I would call up CS and see what they can do if anything.

"was under the impression I was signing a verification"

Never assume anything. A " college educated professional with an IQ and good common sense " should know that

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I sincerely apologize for the wait time at the store Ironkidz. We never want that to happen, but there can be longer than expected wait times due to device demands. Regarding your phone upgrades, when purchased at discounted pricing, with a 2-year agreement, the unlimited data feature does not migrate. This is  disclosed in the agreement you signed, as well as in your My Verizon; you receive a copy of the agreement as well as the change in features. If you purchased the device at full price, without a contract, please Direct Message me to look into it.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

Highlighted

Ironkidz

Hello AdaS,

Yes I purchased the device unsubsidized at full retail price of $699.00. I am aware that upgrading will cause you to loose your unlimited and I have spent $1000's over the years purchasing my devices outright to retain my unlimited plan. I am not sure how to "direct message" but please feel free to contact me directly or with instructions.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

I believe you click their name then click follow. Once they agree to let you follow them then you an send a direct message.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ironkidz

I figured. I sent a request shortly after.

0 Likes