Data Explosions...???

jamie_c

Okay, Not knowing if this is how to get answers ...However, I am trying to understand some things....

A few months ago, I was still holding on to my "grandfathered" unlimited data package...Yet, That meant staying with that dragging,slow, dinosaur, of a broadband card, plugged into my laptop. & after all the 4G hype, I was never able to stream anything with it...My upgrade was was 4 years behind...lol...Okay, So...I got to the point where I needed to replace my phone...So, I upgraded with the awesome Droid Max & after days of talking with Verizon, they had me finally okay with dropping my "grandfathered unlimited" data plan...I got this awesome 4GLTE Tower w/ Voice and was greatly pleased that I could finally stream great quality movies & television out here in the woods, where nothing else is available to me...& ...I love my little piece of country out here...However...Steadily...Month after Month, I have had to increase my data plan...Well...This month right here...that ends for me on the 25th...>>> I have now had to go to the 100GB shared plan...uhhh,,,,I have now gone over by 38GB...That is a total of 138GB...Although, this is my only source of communication & entertainment viewing capabilities ...I am flabbergasted by the amount of data that it has taken to stream, but still...happy that I am getting such great service with my viewing of video & downloading great memories that my Son & Daughter-in-law share with me about their lives out of town. Verizon has steadily sent me messages that I could just call and change my plan to better accommodate my data needs. But now, I am at a road block...Verizon stops at 100GB and I was just informed that there is no more data plans to pick...I am at a dead end with the 100GB....WHAT????...This is the first time since 1997, that I have ever known Verizon to not be able to help me resolve a situation...I can't understand why I must be forced to pay $15 X the 38GB that I am over at their 100GB limit......I was told by 2 of their reps. that some of us customers that have higher data needs have been able to get higher data packages...Yet, both times when they get me over to the people that can assist me...Then, I am told that there are no packages with over their 100GB Limit....I just don't understand Why...Surely, their are people out there, ;like me...that just count on Verizon for all their communication & viewing & entertainment needs.....Hoping someone can help...Without telling me how stupid I am...LOL...I am very happy with Verizon ...I never am without great service with them...I just need to be able to have the data amount that I want in a package, available to me...Just makes no sense to me about being forced to pay $15 for every GB that I have went over...When gladly, I wish to upgrade to a larger data allowance...Hoping for resolution...besides unhooking my smart TV that has brought me some awesome viewing experiences because of Verizon 4GLTE...But How can I...without having a package available to me that I can depend on not having to me punished month after month by paying this enormous $15 x every GB that I go over Verizon's 100GB Dead End?  

Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: Data Explosions...???

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello jamie.c, we absolutely want the best path to resolution! We do our best to tailor our plan options to match the needs of our customers. I wish there was a higher data plan than the 100GB, but that is the highest cap we currently offer. Do you by chance turn off the device when not in use? What type of functions or streaming are being used? We do have our Family Base feature that can limit and set restrictions stop usage right at 100 gigabytes to avoid overage. View details here: http://vz.to/1jYUTsW Also, view our data calculator to get an idea on how much data each streaming function will take: http://vz.to/1mpQFzg

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport   

0 Likes

Not applicable

Wait a minute, you are using your phone as a home entertainment center?

Streaming video daily over cellular?

ANd you ONLY used 138 GBs?

IT is far cheaper to get an internet service with will provide 300 GBs of data for about $60

I use Roku streaming players and Apple TV as well as 2 smart TV and PS4.  We easily use up 300 GBs every month.

0 Likes

jamie_c

Ummm.... No, ma'am... Not using my phone.. But using the 4GLTE router and then my smart TV uses the router to access the internet and I have Netflix, lulu, ro??... All those channels and that provides me with the entertainment viewing that I use out here...

0 Likes

smith6612

Rule of thumb: Never give up the unlimited data plan. An upgrade to LTE is no reason to.

If you can find Wireline Internet, do so and drop the tethering/hotspot. Othwewise, look for a WISP that offers unmetered service.

0 Likes

alice135

We had a problem with high data usage which came from streaming Netflix.  I was told to watch Netflix with out using data be in a place which has WIFI, connect to the WIFI, turn off the DATA on my phone and the Netflix would flow through the WIFI and not use my data.  It will use DATA unless you do this because it is a phone and its preference is DATA.

0 Likes