Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Data Coverage in NEPA

lilartist

This story's kinda complicated, but I'll try to keep it simple.  I'm included on my family's plan.  Since I moved a year ago we now live in different parts of the state.  I went back home to visit and we decided to head over to the Verizon store to get new phones.  My mom and I just upgraded from basic phones to smart phones so we needed to add a data plan.  Little did I know Verizon does not have data coverage where I moved to!  They have regular phone service so I didn't even think about anything else.  So now I'm stuck with a really awesome smart phone that I can only call and text with because there's no data plan here.  I really, really want to keep this phone because I love it, but I don't want to pay extra money for something I can't even use 90% of the time.  I have no idea what I can do.  What I want is for Verizon to have data coverage here so I don't have to do anything.  If anyone from Verizon is reading this can you PLEASE cover northeastern Pennsylvania?!?!

0 Likes

Re: Data Coverage in NEPA

Not applicable
I doubt that's going to happen. Maybe there is some way you can sell your phone and plan.
0 Likes

budone
Sr. Leader
Where in NE PA are you?
0 Likes

Andreas601
Novice

I wonder if the OP is roaming on Cellular One NEPA. I have never roamed on that system personally but I've heard horror stories of how overloaded the system gets at times:

http://www.cellularonenepa.com/

0 Likes

Not applicable

@lilartist  I am glad to hear that you love your phone!   I just wanted to throw an option out for you to continue to use those awesome features.  I would encourage you to use the wifi capabilities on the phone.  You will be able to use many of the apps and features that you love on our 3g network.   In order to address the 3g network issue I will need to have your mobile telephone number.  Can you please PM your number?  I would like to review your account and how we can resolve your situation. I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes