Highlighted

Calling from a Verizon phone to an Iridium Sat phone

c0t0d0s0

I'm trying to get a straight answer and I just can't seem to do it. I want to find out what Verizon charges for a call from a Verizon mobile phone in the US to an Iridium Satellite phone.When I call customer service and ask, they aren't able to help me with what I have to assume is a basic question.

An example Iridium phone number is 011881772520732. Th problem is that Iridium has their own country code. They are a virtual country.

Anybody know where I can look?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Calling from a Verizon phone to an Iridium Sat phone

Weth
Sr. Leader

Straight answer - $6/min

From a Verizon phone to an Iridium Satellite Phone: $6.00 per minute.

From a Verizon phone to a Globalstar Satellite Phone: $6.00 per minute.

From a Verizon phone to an Inmarsat Satellite Phone: $9.00 per minute. - See more at:

Verizon does not make it easy to find their rates for calling a satellite phone. That being said, once we were able to get a hold of someone (very nice guy in the customer care department named Bob), they had some of the lowest rates to satellite phones of all the major carriers. It wasn’t clear to me if Verizon offers monthly postpaid rates (like AT&T and T-Mobile) to decrease the per-minute charge for calls to satellite phones. You may need to check with Verizon concerning your specific plan (plan on being on hold for a bit). -

Above is from: Cost to Call a Satellite Phone from a Cellphone

And from Verizon FAQ directly

How much does it cost for my contacts to call the satellite phone? 

Verizon Wireless customers with international dialing can call an Iridium satellite phone for $6.00 per minute plus airtime, calls to satellite networks other than Iridium will cost $9.00 per minute. For landline phones and other cellular providers the caller must contact their service provider for rates.

Verizon - FAQs

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Calling from a Verizon phone to an Iridium Sat phone

Weth
Sr. Leader

Straight answer - $6/min

From a Verizon phone to an Iridium Satellite Phone: $6.00 per minute.

From a Verizon phone to a Globalstar Satellite Phone: $6.00 per minute.

From a Verizon phone to an Inmarsat Satellite Phone: $9.00 per minute. - See more at:

Verizon does not make it easy to find their rates for calling a satellite phone. That being said, once we were able to get a hold of someone (very nice guy in the customer care department named Bob), they had some of the lowest rates to satellite phones of all the major carriers. It wasn’t clear to me if Verizon offers monthly postpaid rates (like AT&T and T-Mobile) to decrease the per-minute charge for calls to satellite phones. You may need to check with Verizon concerning your specific plan (plan on being on hold for a bit). -

Above is from: Cost to Call a Satellite Phone from a Cellphone

And from Verizon FAQ directly

How much does it cost for my contacts to call the satellite phone? 

Verizon Wireless customers with international dialing can call an Iridium satellite phone for $6.00 per minute plus airtime, calls to satellite networks other than Iridium will cost $9.00 per minute. For landline phones and other cellular providers the caller must contact their service provider for rates.

Verizon - FAQs

View solution in original post

0 Likes