Highlighted

Are the unlimited plans worth it? does anyone have an opinion after switching from the 24 family plan?

smatza

Considering switching 5 lines to unlimited plans... currently have the 24 gb plan, and sometimes I have to go in to "Safe mode"  which slows down data for my line (not as worried if it slows down my data hogger childrens lines)...  Has anyone had trouble with the unlimited plans giving you slow data?  Recommendation?   Should I keep what I have which guarantees me 24 of premium data (shared) or try the unlimited?  Once I go unlimited I can not go back to my original plan....

0 Likes

Re: Are the unlimited plans worth it? does anyone have an opinion after switching from the 24 family plan?

Weth
Sr. Leader

Do it.  For us it took all the stress of who used all the data.  Give kids start plan, adults get play more or do more with more premium data each as you have for the entire plan now.  

0 Likes

Re: Are the unlimited plans worth it? does anyone have an opinion after switching from the 24 family plan?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

How much do you currently pay for your 24 GB of data? Do you also pay for Verizon SmartFamily? What is your total bill for "service", not including any monthly device payments?

Keep in mind:

for any lines with Play More Unlimited, you would get 25 GB of premium data/line and 720p HD streaming for $40/line after autopay and debit/checking account linking

for any lines with Do More Unlimited, you would get 50 GB of premium data/line and 480p streaming for $40/line after autopay and debit/checking account linking

for any lines with Start Unlimited, you wouldn't get any premium data/line but would have high speed "premium data" as long as you were not on a congested tower at the time and 480p streaming for $30/line after autopay and debit/checking account linking

you can mix and match the different tiers of data meaning not all lines need to have the same tier of unlimited data

With 5 lines(2 adults w/Play More-Do More Unlimited and 3 children w/Start Unlimited data) you would have a monthly "service" bill of $170/month(+taxes/fees) after autopay and debit/checking account linking. Of course, this would be before any monthly device payments you also may have on your account already.

5 lines all on Play More/Do More Unlimited would bring it up to $200/month.

0 Likes

Re: Are the unlimited plans worth it?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Making sure that you have the right plan for your needs is important. Having enough data to use for the month is needed so you do not have issues with slowing down your data. With regard to changing your plan, we have various options that provide enough data for your needs. If you were to change your plan you have the option of changing back to your old plan if it does not work for you. You can find additional information on our plans listed here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/current-unlimited-plans//

JasperM_VZW

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

I guess it depends on how much stress you’re feeling to stay under your data cap all the time. And the other factors of course price. I actually moved from a combination of one line on Verizon prepaid for about 40 bucks a month, one line off my sisters AT&T plan and a mobile share value plan on AT&T which was costing me 168.   Total of 5 phones and a tablet are costing around $200 with unlimited, one line on the Do more so the tablet is $10.  

To recap, formerly about $240 in combined capped service, for $200-ish and unlimited data (not that my mom is making a dent).  

rempson
Novice

I went from a single line plan consisting of 5GB premium data (which I never used more than 2GB) for $55 month to the Play More Plan, adding my daughter-in-law and granddaughter to my account.  They  each wanted the Do More Plan. 

As there are only 3 of us, I am still paying $55 month, but now I get Apple Music and 25GB premium data.  And I actually used 7GB my first month.  

I think this is the best unlimited plan options Verizon has had yet.  

0 Likes