Access fees on new Verizon plan for mixed basic and smart phones?

s_mahoney

I'm trying to understand the pricing on the new Verizon plan for a combination of basic/dumb phones and smartphones on the same plan. The only "official" word I see is in the FAQ, which discusses a $25 dollar plan for basic phones for 700 minutes. However, other sources seem to indicate that the $20 access fee would apply to basic and smart phones. In fact, I went through the motions of setting up an account online--there is no mention of the $25 dollar plan, and there seems to be no distinction between the phone types for the access fee charged. (I doubt it matters, but I'm looking at switching over a legacy plan, not setting up a new one.) So, what are the access fees for a plan with mixed phone types?

0 Likes

Re: Access fees on new Verizon plan for mixed basic and smart phones?

lewisr13
Leader

On the Verizon plan line access is $20 for non-contract phones, doesn't matter if they are smart or not. If you have phones on contract they are $40 until the contract expires.

s_mahoney

Thanks; that seems like the most likely answer. Is that based off your experience, or have you seen that spelled out somewhere? Every time I see the $20 figure, they explicitly are talking about non-contract smartphones.

0 Likes

Ha14d

I just called VZ to ask the same thing.  My MIL is on our plan with a basic phone and I'm considering changing the plan that my family is on.  VZ rep confirmed that the line access charge is $20 for both, basic and smart phone. ($40 if on contract instead of payment plan).   Why don't they just put that on their site!?  I looked and looked for that answer before I gave up and had to call.

0 Likes