worst customer service ever
stargazer520

It seems that the old adage, "The customer is always right" is not something that Verizon takes pride in teaching their support staff. It also seems that they have a policy "loop hole" in place which allows them to stand behind their dishonest staff rather than the customer.

Case in point: We received a $30.00 valid charge on a recent bill. We called, not to dispute it but to understand it. The representative (Jeffrey) told us he would give us a "courtesy credit this one time". We were very thankful. The next bill showed that the $30.00 had not been credited. In addition, there was a $5.00 late fee! In following up with a Verizon "supervisor" (Zach), he said there were no notes on the account from Jeffrey that $30.00 was to be credited. He was only authorized to credit $15.00 because the other $15.00 was not "valid". A "glitch" in their system tacked on another $15.00. Because there were no notes, he could not issue the credit of $30.00 - only the "invalid" $15.00. Taking my word for it was no good. Even if he believed me, because one support representative did not do his job and note the account correctly (which Zach admitted was done here), the full charge could not now be credited. There was supposedly nothing Zach could do.

I felt like I, the customer, was indirectly called a liar.  Verizon chose to stand behind their own incompetent support representative, who the supervisor admitted made a mistake in not noting the account properly. They have a very convenient system in place to prevent them from following through on credits they say they'll issue. As long as it's not noted in the customer's account, they don't have to do it. I never argued the charge with anyone at Verizon. It is, indeed, a valid charge. What I have a problem with is someone telling me they'll do something in my favor on my account, and not following through, and then the "penalty" still falling on me, the customer.

I hope someone of significance at Verizon sees this. For $15.00, a multi-million dollar company could not figure out a way to correct an employee mistake and make the customer happy?  This is not the first time something like this has happened to us while under Verizon.  We will be looking at options to migrate to another carrier as soon as possible. There are countless options these days.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: worst customer service ever
cl88

Verizon has consistently horrible, inefficient customer service. I have experienced it MANY times. And they seem to not care much. File a negative feedback against the person you speak with. At least then they will have a mark against their name. You wont get what you need in the end but at least there will be a record of the chain of customer service reps that are incompetent.

0 Likes
Re: worst customer service ever
stargazer520

How do I find the customer service rep to leave a comment about their lack of service?  All they give you is first names.

0 Likes