why only 30GB max plan?
JGrassey

We spoke with the local rep and explained what we use data for.  We were assured that 30GB would be enough.  We will not be able to stay within that limit.  I kind of feel like a bait and switch scenario.  I would like to keep the service but am already looking elsewhere.  A real shame because I really like it.  Anyone know if they are going to offer better packages? 30GB is just not enough.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why only 30GB max plan?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this 30GB shared among devices?  Are you using wireless data in place of broadband internet service?

If you are sharing the data among devices, consider separate plans for the device(s) using the most data, thereby doubling or tripling your data pool.

I am very curious what you do that consistently uses such huge amounts of data....

0 Likes
JGrassey

100s of emails with PPoint files, excel spreadsheets etc.

We do not have cable so we may watch a program or two on hulu or amazon in the evening. A low-def 2 hour movie is more than 1 GB. High-def is more than twice that.

We have 14 days to disconnect and may have to do that as the 50GB package is 350 dollars a month!

I hate to give this up as it is blazing fast and works great thus far, but we may go broke with overage charges.

0 Likes
JGrassey

It would be nice if the prices were a consistent increase per level or if you could carryover unused data allowance per month.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

JGrassey wrote:

100s of emails with PPoint files, excel spreadsheets etc.

So this is your primary internet connection?  Wireless was never intended to be the primary - just a gap filler when other is not available.  I too, view and respond to hundreds of emails in a month, but I typically save downloading the files till I am on my laptop, connected to my home's wifi.

30GB is a lot of Excel spreadsheets and PPT files....

0 Likes