why can't I change my smart phone to a different phone i own
HawaiiDuffer

I want to deactivate my iPhone 4S and reactivate my Samsung Galaxy S4 on my account but the My Verizon system says I don't have any other Smart Phones on my account. Suggestions besides using a big hammer to get the My Verizon systems attention?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why can't I change my smart phone to a different phone i own
Cruser2008
Contributor - Level 2

In your account go to "Activate/Switch Device" click on the number you want to activate the phone on, click on phone that's not been used on the account before, even if it has been, put in the MEID follow the steps. Or you can call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from 6am to 11pm local time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cruser2008
Contributor - Level 2

In your account go to "Activate/Switch Device" click on the number you want to activate the phone on, click on phone that's not been used on the account before, even if it has been, put in the MEID follow the steps. Or you can call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from 6am to 11pm local time.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just switch the Sim cards.

0 Likes
Cruser2008
Contributor - Level 2

They wouldn't be able to do that since they're going from the 4s(3G) to the S4(4GLTE)

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

A Sim is a Sim. The 4GLTE Sim can be put into a 4S and works fine. Just not the other way around.

0 Likes
HawaiiDuffer

Thank you for your response. I did have to call Customer Service to get it done. When I originally changed in the other direction (Samsung to iPhone) online it worked fine but I guess things are different going from 3G to 4G.

0 Likes
Cruser2008
Contributor - Level 2

The S4 has a smaller SIM card than the iPhone 4s and to use all of the functions, like 4GLTE it would require a 4GLTE SIM card.

0 Likes