why are local numbers coming up international instead
damom111
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter is having issues with making calls.  She tried to call someone yesterday that is local but came up you do not have international calling.  She tried again this morning, the same number came up the persons name, but number in Brazil.  Is this problem her phone, (iPhone 7) or Verizon?

Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
Re: why are local numbers coming up international instead
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Damom111, I would be just as concerned with not being able to call out to local numbers as well. We are here to help assist with your daughter's phone. This issue likely stems from a phone setting, which is causing the device to not configure the number correctly. However, let's ensure we look at this from a few angles.

Does this only happen with one contact or all numbers that she dials. If she deletes that contact, and then adds them as a new contact does the same issue occur?

Just in case, have her look into Settings > Phone > Dial Assist > Is this setting set to ON or OFF?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mattmain29
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every call I get from local numbers, friends or coworkers is showing as Canada on my caller id.  After I take the call, it is logged into my recents as the correct number, but when the phone rings it's showing Canada

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's very important that calls received to your phone are displayed correctly on your device's Caller ID. Thank you for the detailed information you've shared. I'd be concerned too if each call I received to my phone is displayed as calls from Canada on the Caller ID. Let's work together to get this resolved. How long has this been happening? Have there been any recent changes to your phone? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) Please try rebooting your phone. We'll be right here. Please keep us updated. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes