Re: weak signal strength and still no answers
JohnnyC1971
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still an on-going issue.  Are there problems with towers in Hernando County?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JohnnyC1971, Since this has been happening, have you powered your device off for at least 2-3 minutes and then powered the device on again? Have there been any recent updates to your device (software related)? Have you downloaded any new applications to the device recently?

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
St4401
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. Verizon has obviously done something to the towers or satellites in my area. Not going to keep calling to troubleshoot my phone, when it’s obviously not an issue with my phone (every phone on my plan has the same problem). Also Not going to continue to pay over $300 a month for much longer for a phone service that is now practically useless in my home

sbcole04

Having same issue in 22301.  Started happening a few weeks ago. We used to be able to be anywhere in out house and get good signal.  Even the basement would carry a couple bars.  Now we sit in the living room missing calls because they aren't coming through.  This seems to be a problem across the board.  It's a real problem as my husband relies on phone calls to be able to get work.

Also started having issues with the wifi going in and out with verizon.  And with all the kids getting ready to be online all day for school, I am sure there is gonna be an overload

0 Likes
JohnnyC1971
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I also work in IT and have rebooted my phone numerous times often leaving it off for 30 minutes at a time.  

So many people have the same issue in this town, even friends from out of town on Verizon say they have 1-2 bars as soon as they enter Hernando County.

cms8119
Enthusiast - Level 1

I remember when you could dial a number to get it updated. It's ridiculous, I have an app that shows what tower the phone hooks to and what the signal strength is. The tower that my phone seems to insist on connecting to is only pushing out -112 to -116. If I do a scan for towers there is one out my back door pushing -104.

I've restarted my phone 1000 times, it always grabs that same weak signal tower.

It does not seem to me the phone I have now, LGV50, has ever had the towers updated, so stop "Blowing Smoke" about this issue and just get it fixed.

AND don't reply back to this trying to sell me a Signal Booster for my home. I live in Harrisburg Pa. and there is no reason for me not to have 5 bars on my phone at ALL times.

Fix it or lose it.

Have a Great Day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We work hard to provide the best service in as many areas as possible, cms8119. It is truly saddening to hear that your experience is not that way, and we are here to help out. All the signal strengths you shared are less than optimal for cellular service. What happens with your calls, texts, and data services? How large of an area does it happen in? You mentioned the device has not been able to “update the towers.” Was your prior device also experiencing these issues?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you verify the ZIP Code where you're experiencing this?

0 Likes
JohnnyC1971
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've provided numerous zip codes already (previous page if you look) and still haven't gotten a response as to why the service in the ENTIRE county has gone downhill.  

Hernando County Florida, as a whole.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Experiencing service issues is definitely not a fun experience. We're sorry to see you're going through this situation St4401. We would love to help you with this situation. Where are you currently located? When did this issue begin?  

IvoneA_VZW

0 Likes