weak signal strength and still no answers
Wolfman137

I've been with Verizon for a long time and have always had good service/signal strength. For the past 6 to 7 months, I can only seem to get 2 bars...3 if I'm really lucky.  I have the new Samsung S205G and still cruddy signal strength. When is this going to get resolved?  I've tried talking to the support staff, but as others have said, they just beat around the bush.  Have yet to get a solid answer.  Might take our new phones back (still under the return timeframe) and switch to a more reliable service provider. I live in the Oklahoma City Metro area and no matter where I go, it's the same 1 or 2 bars.  Calls drop, text won't go through, just cruddy service.

0 Likes
Re: weak signal strength and still no answers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Wolfman137 ,

We would want to know as soon as possible if you were having some sort of service issue, so it's great to know that you had already contacted other support channels for assistance. What exactly where you provided with that has you unclear? If you have the same issue in all areas, that would not indicate the network is the issue, but there's a lot more that we'd need to know on this before that would be the conclusion. 

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
JohnnyC1971
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having this issue for months anywhere I go.  I live in 34608.  I chatted with Verizon for 2 hours the other day and all I got was there's a tower in Homosassa having issues that shouldn't affect you and give it a week to see if the next level support can find anything.  I haven't heard from anyone yet.

Been with Verizon for years and this is the worst cell service I've ever had.  It's always been top notch.

Iphone 10 XSMax fully updated.

I get dropped calls, fade in and out and told I sound like a robot or am breaking up on a daily basis.  Makes me wonder what the heck I'm paying so much money for.

Please help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JohnnyC1971, 

We know your service is important to you. You need to depend on it. Let's get a few details. Are you the only one that is having issues? How big of an area are we talking about? Is this just around your home?

JenelleW_vzw

0 Likes
JohnnyC1971
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is wherever I go in the vicinity of 34608/9/6/1, etc...

0 Likes
JohnnyC1971
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bueller...?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Earlier you mentioned that the problem was with calls dropping and audio fading and/or breaking up, are you only experiencing issues with calls? How's everything with texts and data? Do you recall if anything changed with your phone before the problem started months ago?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
JohnnyC1971
Enthusiast - Level 2

Texts are fine, data is also an issue.  No changes to the phone aside from standard iOS updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, JohnnyC1971. How far do you normally have to travel for your signal to improve?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
JohnnyC1971
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't travel a lot at this time for obvious reasons, but anywhere in Hernando County is horrible.  Verified with other Verizon friends as well, all the same issue.

0 Likes