we're outta here
djohn1996
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sprint will make the cell service we pay them for actually work at their expense ... makes sense since that's exactly what we pay for ... Verizon will gladly sell us a $300 product to make the service we already pay them for work ... make sense to you?  Me neither, that's why we're outta here ... Verizon has obviously gotten to big to need customers so we will gladly oblige.

The cell reception is horrible even though we live within a highly-developed business park area that one would think would be a top priority for cell providers being that there are literally tens of thousands of business people, thus corporate customers of Verizon, within a couple mile radius.  After I wasted literally two full hours of my Saturday on the phone with Verizon support basically telling me to turn off my hone and turn it back on again, I talked to some friends who use Sprint and was shocked to find that they "use to have that same exact problem and we just called Sprint, they gave us a signal booster [free] and now we get great reception even though we live out in the 'boondocks'."

Since Verizon no longer accepts email communications from its customers, I'm posting my email here  so I can refer them to it when they try to waste my time sending emails they expect me to read even though they don't have time for mine, then inundate me with phone calls and surveys about why we've dumped all Verizon services after 25 years and at least $50,000. It seems to me that the time to listen to your customers is before they decide to go elsewhere not after, but that's just how business works in my experience. Apparently, it's different for Verizon.

If Verizon would like to do the right thing and provide a signal amplifier (or whatever crafty marketing name they put on them) within the next 30 days, we will remain loyal Verizon customers for at least another 25 years and at least another $50,000 (probably more like $100,000 as "services" and prices continually increase).  Otherwise, the decision has already been made ... on day 31, we will become Sprint customers who actually get the service we pay for, and will advocate that all of our friends and family do the same.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: we're outta here
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Day 31? I hope you realize that the return policy period is 14 days.

Is cell signal workable outside or inside? The terrain, building materials and even the wiring inside a building could affect the quality of signal inside your home or business. Service isn't guaranteed inside of buildings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
aNoNiEmOuSe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ann154-

The way it was put to me by Verizon when I lost service at my residence after 2 years of no problems, "It's a mobile phone--its not supposed to work in your house."  Wouldn't admit the problem was with their tower transmitter, even tho my neighbor and I both had the same problem.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then call customer service and insist they create a trouble ticket and send a tech out.  Make sure to mention if it is a problem outdoors and on multiple devices.  Make sure your neighbor calls too and have them reference your ticket number.  The more people call in, the faster they know it is affecting a larger area.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

djohn1996
Enthusiast - Level 2

RE: return policy ... I wasn't talking about returning a device ... devices are fine, service is crap.

djohn1996
Enthusiast - Level 2

RE: "It's a mobile phone--its not supposed to work in your house." I wish some 18 year old $5/hour customer service rep would have the audacity to say some condescending crap like that to me. Never came across one who had the nerve to say it, but that's exactly the attitude they have which is why we'll be Sprint customers in a few days.

0 Likes
djohn1996
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the good ideas. Not sure I'm willing to waste any more hours with them when all it takes is a simple 5-minute call to Sprint.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

djohn1996 wrote:

Thanks for the good ideas. Not sure I'm willing to waste any more hours with them when all it takes is a simple 5-minute call to Sprint.

Good luck at Sprint. I hope it works in your area and places you travel.

0 Likes
djohn1996
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I realize Sprint's service won't be perfect either ... it's about they're willingness to address that ... as I said, they immediately fixed the same problem for friends without even trying to charge them more ... even so, if it doesn't work out for some reason, there are too many other options nowadays to keep paying a company that will not only basically steal from its customers, but then have the nerve to gloat about it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

djohn1996, thanks for listening. We want you to know that your time is valuable and this wireless relationship is important to us. I'm sure that we can work this out with a 5 minute call into our customer service department, as well. Should you have any additional concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes