vzw384.com - scam site?
galaxy_lexus_3g

Hey all,

I just got a call from 800-888-9610 advising me to go to vzw384.com to get $384 off my Verizon bill.  Sounded like a scam to me and their website looks like a direct lift off the verizonwireless.com site.  Hoping someone at Verizon sees this and gets this site taken down via legal action before people get scammed out of their credit card info etc.

Cheers

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: vzw384.com - scam site?
Jess210

I also received the same call and called Customer Service to report it and have the number blocked from continuing to call me. They were not aware of it, and it is completely a scam.

0 Likes
tskol

I have received 4 calls in the last two hours! How did they get our phone numbers? Did Verizon get hacked?

0 Likes
landreau

Naah, I don't think it's a hack. They just set an autodialer to dial sequences of exchanges, thousands and thousands of them. It is unusual that the number comes up on caller ID, though. They must hope to get what they want before the law comes crashing down on them. Which it will.

0 Likes
Datilio

I also received 4 calls in the past 2 hours.  They seemed to stop after I answered one.

0 Likes
ResinRat

My husband and I both received 4 calls each, regarding the vzw384, one right after the other today. I knew it was a scam from the first message. It gets annoying though, when they continue to call. As if we don't already have enough problems in this country now days. Shame on who ever is crooked enough to pull these stunts. Hope you get caught.

0 Likes
jon333

I just got 2 calls from this (removed).

I looked up the domain name in case anyone is interested:

Personal info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
MobilePhil

I got the call too. It was obviously a scam because the message said Verizon was going to give me money (instead of take) and that they appreciate my business (or something along those lines) Smiley Happy

Couldn't find a place on the verizon wireless website to report it, so I came in here.

0 Likes
XDex9

I'm getting the same thing, 3 robot calls from (800) 888-9610 saying that I'll be credited $384 towards my next bill if I log in at www.vzw384.com . The site looks like Verizon, but it seemed fishy (or phishy) so I didn't try it. Why would Verizon need me to log in to their own website so that they could credit me $384? Scam.

0 Likes
tjlakson

I have had 2 of these same robocalls from 800-888-9611 and 800-888-9610. Scam

0 Likes