voice mail busy signal
swimraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

Noticed my phone keeps ringing if I can't answer it - doesn't switch over to voice mail.  Tried to access my voice mail but get busy signal each time.  This situation has existed for about 2 weeks.  Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: voice mail busy signal
swimraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, they fixed it at tier level 2. FYI, for some reason my voice mail got switched off.

Thank you for your assistance.

Gregg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your phone model? Did you setup the voicemail before?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
swimraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have used voice mail in the past so yes I have setup voicemail in the past - not sure when however.

Gregg

[Removed]

personal information  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

swimraft,

Help is here! Making sure you’re able to receive voicemails is really important. Let’s work on getting this resolved quickly. What make & model phone do you have? Has there been any changes to your phone such as new apps or a software update?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you switch phones recently for example did you switch from an Android phone to iPhone or the reverse?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
swimraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

No. I've been using the same phone for years.

0 Likes
swimraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung S4.

Don't remember downloading any new apps. Is there a way to list the Applications that have been download in chronological order?

I did recently travel outside of my area (Minnesota) - went to Washington DC. Not sure, but perhaps around the same time problem started.

Gregg

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Samsung Galaxy S4 was affected by the discontinuation of the $2.99 visual voicemail back in July 2016. Were you paying for the Visual Voicemail feature at that time? Or were you always using the basic non-visual voicemail? When the visual voicemail was discontinued, you would have needed to setup your voicemail again for the basic non-visual voicemail. If you didn't, it is possible the feature was dropped off the line like it is for new customers who never setup their voicemail when they were new customers. Phones Affected by the 782016 $2.99 Visual Voicemail Discontinuation | Verizon Wireless

If you were always a basic non-visual voicemail user, then it doesn't make sense to to suddenly not have it working.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

$2.99 Visual Voicemail Service Will Be Discontinued on July 8th, 2016 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
swimraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did/don't have visual voice mail.

When I dial "*86" as described in your link - I get the busy signal again.

Any other thoughts?

Gregg

0 Likes