Re: upgrade available 1 April-broke phone but representative told me no room for 16 day early upgrade
Not applicable

Well It's one week before April 1st. Unless you want an Iphone some stores will you upgrade a week early. So go see about getting your upgrade now.

0 Likes
Re: upgrade available 1 April-broke phone but representative told me no room for 16 day early upgrade
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

just keep calling. and talk to a supervisor... im almost positive if you get the right person and BE NICE they will help you out... i tried an early upgrade and was a jerk... didnt get it... but then i calmed down and explained the situation and was POLITE and i got it.... long story short i got an upgrade a year early... but that was because my phone didnt work.... thats another story... but keep trying youll get it

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

and you will have little to NO chance getting this done in the store. dont listen to these people.... customer service is the way to go

0 Likes
Not applicable

melvindeville wrote:

and you will have little to NO chance getting this done in the store. dont listen to these people.... customer service is the way to go

Really? The only reason why I knew I could get a 1 week early upgrade is the person in the store told me so. I was looking at phones and told them I'd be back in a few days on my upgrade date and the salesperson immediately chimed in and said that they do upgrades up to a week early and I could get a phone that day. The thought I could get an early upgrade hadn't even crossed my mind before then.

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

there has to be a reason.... i upgraded to the iphone 5 a year early because my 3g wasnt compatible with something having to do with verizon and apple or something i dont know... but they will not ever give you an early upgrade for poops and giggles... this sounds like a valid reason to keep trying.... you have a blackberry.... lol jk.. but if its not working for you they will always make sure you have a phone that functions... at least they always have for me.

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

then god bless your town and the kind people that run your stores... because my local stores are STICKLERS

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

also.. this isnt a one week early upgrade this post is about... its over a two week early upgrade.... stores have a 7 day grace period they can still get full commission off. (i think thats how it works)

0 Likes
Not applicable

melvindeville wrote:

then god bless your town and the kind people that run your stores... because my local stores are STICKLERS

Well you see in a week I would also would have been able to go over to the Walmart just a few hundred feet away and get a phone there. So I'm not sure it was about being nice as much as it was making sure they actually got me as a customer and not Walmart.

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

kind of off topic but ok.... this lady is having a hard time upgrading two weeks early... she will have a 99% better chance going through customer care.... thats my one and only point im trying to make here...

natalie2282
Enthusiast - Level 1

Call back and try another representative. Do no go into the store. I just early upgraded my mom and sister's lines for them- from Samsung phones to iphone 4s and iphone 4.....29 days before their upgrade date, and their phones were functioning fine! Keep trying, you will find someone to help you.