upcoming 4G coverage and my network extender
ESF12E

I  have a NE in my neighborhood (house) due to being in a hole and too much interference with structures that block the tower(s) signal.  Without the NE I was dropping calls all the time.  With the Samsung NE set next to my window and plugged into my Frontier DSL router I can get 3G and 3 bars most everywhere in my house.   By years end our area is scheduled to have Verizon's 4G coverage.  Since my DSL internet signal is so slow I was considering going with the Share Everything plan and use Verizon as my internet provider along with cell and house phones.  My question is 'how will I be able to take advantage of the  4G network'?  It is my understanding the NE is not compatible with 4G.  I currently download with speeds of barely 1Mps and upload at 0.32Mps.  I understand the 4G speeds can be as high as 5Mps.  What are my chances of a significant improvement with Verizon's 4G in a neighborhood that is in a hole.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: upcoming 4G coverage and my network extender
budone
Legend

Having 4G in the neighborhood will not help with your 3G signal which the Extender only offers.

Also using your wireless provider as your exclusive in house internet provider will become extremely expensive very quickly, unless you use the internet for email only.

0 Likes