unable to access mobile network
hawkeyhaley
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Blackberry Curve, and I'm on the 2 GB data plan or whatever. I was told that using wifi will not eat up the data, only if I use the mobile network will it use the data. Well, the only time I can get onto the internet is if I have a wifi connection. I am never able to access the mobile network. Ever. So if I'm unable to access wifi, I have no internet whatsoever. This is beginning to pose as quite the annoyance. Why am I paying 30 dollars for wifi- which is free? I need to be able to access the web if I'm not in a wifi hotspot. Help, please?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: unable to access mobile network
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
I'm not sure if this issue was resolved or not - here are a few places to look at your settings and see if they are configured for internet -

(Menu options may be slightly different - I'm looking at my BB Bold, OS 6)

Check "Manage Connections", and you may have 3 or more options - Mobile Network, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc. Mobile Network needs to be checked, or ON.

Then open up Mobile Network Options, and you will see this (or similar) -
Data Services (should be ON) - Roaming (I leave that OFF). Network Selection Mode on mine is set to AUTO, and Network technology is 1XEV.

There' s also a service status indicator that tells me if I am connected or not to any of the options I have turned on.

HTH,

View solution in original post

spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like your phone may not be configured correctly, or you may be in an area without a good signal.

Have you tried reprogramming your phone by dialing *228, option 1?  You can also update your phone's list of towers by dialing *228 option 2.

If neither of those work, and you know you have a good signal in the area, I'd call tech support from another phone.  They can help you identify what's going on.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi hawkeyhaley,

You are correct in saying that using a wi-fi connection will not pull from you 2GB of data.  It is unfortunate that you are unable to connect via the mobile network.  It seems as if your browser isn't configured. Here are the steps to complete your Browser Configuration.  I am hopeful these steps will allow you to continue to Rule the Air.  Please let me know if you require further assistance.

Thank you for your contribution to our community forums,

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
I'm not sure if this issue was resolved or not - here are a few places to look at your settings and see if they are configured for internet -

(Menu options may be slightly different - I'm looking at my BB Bold, OS 6)

Check "Manage Connections", and you may have 3 or more options - Mobile Network, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc. Mobile Network needs to be checked, or ON.

Then open up Mobile Network Options, and you will see this (or similar) -
Data Services (should be ON) - Roaming (I leave that OFF). Network Selection Mode on mine is set to AUTO, and Network technology is 1XEV.

There' s also a service status indicator that tells me if I am connected or not to any of the options I have turned on.

HTH,