tower coverage
Andy1995

I am a rural area zip code 22473 Heathsville VA.  Why is the tower along highway 360 instead of down along the Potomac river where the bulk of the homes are?  The tower is approximately 5 to 6 mile away from the river basin depending on where your house is.   Why is there only one verizoin tower in the area.  If you put one down by the river it would cover the Maryland side as well.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: tower coverage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a lot considerations that go into a cell tower location. Available properties. Line of sight to the coverage area. Infrastructure (power and fiber) access. Local building codes and regulations. Local resistance or approval of the location. All of which can take years to line up or get approval on top of governmental requirements from the FCC and other agencies.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

who was there 1st, you or the tower? did you just move into the area or a longtime resident??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having coverage for all our customers is our number one priority Andy1995. I would love to help as much as I can. I do not see any issues in the area.  Are you having any service concerns? Is anyone else having this issue? 

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Andy1995

Yes...others are having the same issue

0 Likes
Andy1995

I guess if 90% of folks down on the rivers are having connection issues you don't respond anymore? 

0 Likes
Andy1995

I mean...who wants to have to go up the road to get good coverage?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andy1995, I can certainly understand your concerns about having to go up the road to improve your cellular service. Help is here. To clarify, how are your voice, text and data services affected? Does your service improve in other areas? Looking forward to hearing back.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Andy1995

Less tham 1 mbps inside.  1 to 3 mbps outside.  Go about 1/2 mile up the road to the wide open farmfields and get 15 to 25 mbps.  Go 4 miles (as a bird flies) up to US360 and the verizon tower..15 to 25 mbps.  Go back down to the neighborhoods along the river and creeks (yes there are trees) and drop back down to 1 to 3 mbps.(outside)  I have screen shots I can email showing locations and speeds

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details. Getting the speeds you need is important , and we are here to assist you. Although the sorroundings of your location have an impact on your speed/ signal, we will be more than happy to look into your location to ensure everything is working the way it should. Would you like to proceed at this time?

AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes