texting with old phones
THE7CS1

not all of us have a need for data on our phones and still find having a cell phone handy. Very recently I have noticed that texting between new phones and old ones the texts are coming through less and less often, once it was only when they use imoges, now it's happening more often. Talking with other folks, many are having this issue. I am now thinking that you Verizon want us to all upgrade to more expensive phones so you are making it so that are's don't work as well. is this true? or what has changed recently as in the last couple weeks that texting between smart phones and our old flip phones is not working?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: texting with old phones
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are LTE basic phones now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THE7CS1,

Being able to text is a must! I think I do that more than talk on the phone these days. We understand that smartphones are not for everyone. We defintiely want to look further into your issue. What make/model phone are you using? Is the issue with sending &/or receiving text messages?

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
THE7CS1

I have an LG flip phone, I thought it was my phone but 3 other people I know are experiencing the same thing I am. It is when we receive texts

0 Likes