terrible customer service
jktaylor

I am extremely frustrated with Verizon's truly terrible customer service. I have been with Verizon for years, and haven't had a problem until the past few months. Today's experience was the worst yet. The customer service rep actually hung up on me because I was voicing my frustration. I wasn't cursing or yelling- I was just telling her that my experience with them recently has been really frustrating.  For the second time in three months,  they have made a mistake in how they set up insurance plans on my phone lines. The first time it cost me several hundred dollars. At the end of that completely maddening experience, I was VERY CLEAR with them about which lines on my plan should be insured. Now, I am having the exact same problem again, and instead of apologizing and fixing the problem, the girl left me on hold for OVER 30 MINUTES, only to come back and tell me they will be in touch with me within 48 hours to let me know if they are going to fix the mistake that THEY MADE! Then, as I'm expressing to her that this is not an acceptable way to do business, she hangs up on me! It is mind-boggling that a company can run this way. Every time I call customer service I hear this ad for "total protection" ad nauseum as I wait for an eternity to actually get someone on the line. Let me just say, the "protection" is only effective if they actually put it on the line you request it to be on. Which they have been unable to do repeatedly.  Otherwise, you are paying for the privilege of being on hold indefinitely to speak with "customer service" reps who will not be any help to you when you finally do get them on the line. I have stayed with Verizon because the coverage area and general phone service is excellent. But, the customer service has become so terrible that I'm considering dropping all of my Verizon lines and switching to another company. I may have more difficulty getting reception, but at least maybe I can deal with people who know what they're doing and aim to please their customers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes