suspending service on primary account holder's line in a 5 member family plan
sdkd

I will be out of the country for 3 months and want to suspend my service on my unlimited data service and 1400 minutes of family voice.   I am the primary account owner.  There are 4 other phones on the plan--all basic phones with no data plan.  Can I suspend just my phone and not pay for it for 3 months but have the other phones still in service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: suspending service on primary account holder's line in a 5 member family plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you jimfitzgerald for your response. I appreciate you taking the time to help out.

@sdkd, traveling is always a fun time especially if the trip is for vacation! We all want to save money so I can definitely understand you wanting to suspend your line to avoid paying for the service you will not be using while you’re gone. You’ve come to the right place because I can help!

As jimfitzgerald mentioned you can place your line on a vacation suspension and suspend your line without billing. This will save you the $9.99 monthly access and $29.99 unlimited data plan charge for the line. There is a $15.00 fee for the suspension and it can remain suspended without billing for 90 days. Keep mind that the contract end date for that line would extend for the same amount of time it remains suspended without billing. Once suspended, you will see a prorated charge for the line on the following bill.

If you would like to suspend your line send me a DM and I’ll be more than happy to further assist. You can also process the change using our automated systems by calling 800-922-0204.

Lastly, were you aware that you can use your phone in other countries. In case you’re interested visit http://bit.ly/z0d6MI for information on the coverage in other countries as well as the chargers for usage.

Have a wonderful trip!

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes