subpoena text messages
missmarcilaraine

I noticed that some of the discussions seem to be outdated and just wanted to get the most current answer to my question:

How long does Verizon Wireless maintain text records; specifically the actual messages sent to and from a phone number?

Also, once a subpoena is issued, to whom at Verizon Wireless should it be served?  Also, what address?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: subpoena text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

missmarcilaraine,

having your messages is always important. Now with text logs it's up to 90 days that it's able to be reviewed from the account. Now if details like needed like actual messages you would need a court order from a lawyer who would also need to present.

ShirazP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: subpoena text messages
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Your lawyer would have to contact Verizon Wireless to send them the subpoena. They will call and be directed to the proper department. I would imagine that if you are using the VZW Messages+ app you could retrieve messages for up to 90 days. Certain phones will still have the messages in the conversation and all you'd have to do is scroll to the top to retrieve the from your devices.

0 Likes