single line assumption of liability
foamham

can i transfer a line with  unlimited data on it to a new account if im not an existing customer if i use my own handset (no extension to the contract)?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: single line assumption of liability
foamham

bump?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Maybe no one understands you when you say you're not an existing customer. How do you have unlimited data form Verizon if you're not a Verizon customer?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Assumption of Liability (AOL). As a new customer, you will likely be required to use the currently available wireless plans which don't include unlimited data.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
foamham

i mean if i get an unlimited line off of someones family plan can i put that on its own account and keep the unlimited how does that work?

0 Likes
Not applicable

No you won't be able to do that. Since you will be a "new" customer you will have to get the Share Everything plan

0 Likes
foamham

would a verizon rep be  able to comfirm that for me?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes they could, however this is not a Verizon CS forum, but a customer to customer forum. It may be a week or two before a Verizon rep looks at this thread, if they even do. If you want something sooner, you should either call CS or go to one of the stores.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello foamham,

I see your concern here and I would like to confirm with you what you are able to do here.

First off, I did want to clarify, you have one line that has unlimited data, you wanted to transfer this line to a brand new account of yours and use your existing equipment, correct? I believe this is what you were referring to. If so, then when you process the Assumption of Liability you are able to retain the unlimited data feature. Your line must be on a qualifying price plan prior to the change (i.e. Nationwide Talk and Text 450 with the unlimited data feature). Since this is non-contract impacting, you are able to retain it. If there are any problems where the feature does fall off, you can request to have it put back on. Please make sure you do this within 30 days as this is the window to have the feature added back on in this case. Of course, we do recommend going over to our new pricing plans, however, in the case you mentioned, you are able to keep it. I hope this helps to explain and please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
emcsq

Thank you for clarifying, MichelleG.  I had almost the exact same question.  Can you explain how to make this change if the line with unlmited data is currently the secondary line in a family plan?  We have:

Line 1 (primary) - no data

Line 2 (secondary) - unlimited $29.99/month data

These two phones share the 550 nationwide minutes (loyalty) plan and line 2 has texting package of $10/month.  There is a 15% employee discount on voice for the primary line amounting to $7.50/month.

Both of these lines are on month-to-month (not under contract).

We would like to cancel Line 1, and we DEFINITELY want to keep the unlimited data package.  We do not intend to upgrade that line with a subsidized phone.  What do we need to change as far as the voice plan?  In what order do we do all this?  Will we be able to apply the employee discount to the new line?

We were essentially lied to by a Verizon corporate store rep when we renewed our last contract just over two years ago, so we are trying to check and double-check this information.  We are not interested in starting a new contract.  Thanks for providing clear answers!

0 Likes