second time phones arent working
maedae084

This is the second time this month that my husband and i arent able to send text messages or send or recieve calls. Were very frustrated. Does anyone know a way we can fix this and get service restored to us. Our bill is up to date, and in fact we just got two brand new phones on Thursday. These are the only phones we have. Please someone respond with how to fix this. I cant even get into the chat with an agent, which is how i fixed it last time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: second time phones arent working
budone
Legend

What phones do you have? What is the dBm signal strength? (Not number of bars)

0 Likes
maedae084

I have an lg lucid and my husband has a iPhone4. I'm not sure what the dBm strength is, how to i find that?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Not sure on the iPhone, but the Lucid, go into settings and there should be an option to view it somewhere in there. Or download an app that gives signal strengths

0 Likes
maedae084

The lucid is 4g-108dbm and I cant find it on the iphone

0 Likes
budone
Legend

That is your issue, you do not have a signal. Anything over -104 you will not have a signal

0 Likes
budone
Legend

This may be a tower issue if you used to have a good signal

0 Likes
maedae084

How do we lower it, do you know?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Move closer to a cell tower? hahahaha. Was the signal good before at the same place? If so, the tower closest to you may be being worked on or is down. Download, when you can the app Antennas. it is free and it will show which tower you are connecting to.

0 Likes
maedae084

Thank you! It worked perfectly this morning, then suddenly stopped

0 Likes