scam from same number (Jordan) to different phones in under 2 minutes
RMSTANLE

I got a number from Jordan to my iPhone at 3/24/2019 12:56PM. The second one was at 3/24/2019 1:02 PM. Then my wife's iPhone had calls from the same number on 3/24/2019 at 1:04PM and then at 1:08PM.

How do I stop getting scams (from [removed]) that go to both phones so close?

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

0 Likes
Re: scam from same number (Jordan) to different phones in under 2 minutes
JM19
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also got multiple calls from the same # plus 2 others ending in 0044 and 1615; from "Jordan" (the country I think).  This was today and yesterday.  The phone only rang once or twice then stopped.  I didn't try to answer any call and they haven't left any voicemails.

I blocked the calls on my phone but they still ring and put notifications on my phone.  The number is too long to enter to block on my profile online.

How can we block these?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RMSTANLE,

We understand that Spam calls, scam calls and robo calls are a daily nuisance for nearly all of us. We are continuously working to help minimize the impact of these calls. Luckily, Verizon Wireless offers a service known as Call Filter that helps mitigate these type of calls. Please see the link for details, let us know if you have any questions.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
luthersoul

Except it's not compatible with my particular phone, the Moto X Pure edition.  I understand that my phone is older, but this filter is compatible with earlier Moto versions than the one I have.  It doesn't make sense to me why my phone wouldn't be compatible too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can understand your concern indeed. In this case, the device is no longer being updated with a software version that would be compatible with this particular app. We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes