Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
reduction in service
CBD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for around 15 years continuously. I have had more dropped calls, no/low bars, slow data, etc in the last 4 months than in the previous 15 years. Considering changing services...Verizon- please respond. Tried calling but eternal hold...dont want to change, but I run a business and I need better service. Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: reduction in service
oma1159
Enthusiast - Level 1
Same thing here... mostly no signal!!
oma1159
Enthusiast - Level 1
By the way I'm in Beaumont, Texas area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CBD1, we appreciate your longtime patronage and definitely want to keep you with us for many, more years to come. Accordingly, it's important to us that your services are working as they should be. Please provide us with some additional details. What zip code is this occurring in? Do these issues occur everywhere in that zip code or just when in a specific location? Also, what's the make and model of your phone?

Ebony_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

oma1159 thank you for contacting us, we know how irritating low signal can be and we're here to help. We currently don't see any outages or alerts in that area. For how long have you had the low signal issue? 

UbaldoJ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CBD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for responding.

I have an iPhone 6 (about a year old)

My service zip code is [removed]

My specific location is:

[removed]

I live just inside the Verizon service area on the North end of Luray. I have lived here 20 years. I have always had very strong signal and full LTE for probably 15 years (as long as I have been a Verizon customer). I have had limited LTE (mostly 3G) and several dropped calls starting about 4 or 5 months ago. This is only limited to my home as the service appears normal and strong elsewhere (I work in Northern Virginia) as always. I have increasingly been working from my home and the cell and data service is more important to me now at my home.

Other members of my household (we have 5 phones on my plan) have noticed the same problem.

Steven [removed]

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
jlmartinjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Verizon for my family phones and I was responsible for our companies truck fleet going to Verizon.

In our area zipcode 36853 and 35010 we notice that the service got worse about 12 months ago,

now in the last 3 or 4 weeks it has gotten terrible,  Absolutely terrible.  Now our drivers are saying that the would like to switch back to AT&T because now the coverage with Verizon is worst than it was with AT&T.

Last year I had 3 to 4 bars, Now I have 1 to no bars in my office,  if I am luck enough to get a call I have to run outside before the call drops.  It reminds my of the old show Green Acres where they had to go outside and climb the telephone pole to make a call.

If service does not improve Verizon will be losing personal and business customers in droves.

We have filed a complaint with our rep and no reasons of response for the DRASTIC change in coverage/service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steven, we want to make sure you're able to use your services at home without any problems. We understand that you depend on us for your business and we want you to have the best service possible. We'd like to go through some troubleshooting so we can figure out what's going on. First, let's try performing a Reset Network Settings. You can do this by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will turn your phone off and back on and erase your saved Wi-Fi networks as well as other network settings. No personal information will be lost.

Jesus_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you over a situation like this, jlmartinjr.We want to make sure that we're doing everything that we can to give you the best service possible. We're not currently seeing outages reported in these areas, we would like to continue in this case with with troubleshooting. What sort of service issues are you experiencing? 

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
jlmartinjr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Roughly a year ago we experience a big drop in the coverage area and the signal strength.  I went from have full bars in my office being able to use the phone all most anywhere in the plant without issue.  I have about a 45 minute commute everyday and I was able to use my phone from office to home without every losing a call and having crystal clear call quality.  At about 1 year ago it dropped to having just 3 mostly 2 bars in the office and most calls that I answered in the office would be dropped if I stayed on the phone for any given time,  and my service and home went to where I can only receive and make calls in specific areas of the house.  Now within the last month or so at the office I get 1 to zero bars,  and sometimes my phone will ring other times I will just find out that I had a missed call when I go out for lunch.  If I do want to make or receive a call I have to go down the hall and step out of the building about 15-20 feet and there are only a few places on the ride home that I can have calls.    I have been told,  it was my phone,  so I upgraded,  told it was that androids were the problems so I got my wife a iPhone X,  and hers has all the same issues.  As does everyone in this area  Zip Codes 35010 to 36853.  Also our truck drivers in the fleet are now saying that the dead areas are now as bad as they were when they had AT&T.  Our drivers travel most of the eastern southern states from Florida to Maine.  At one time I did have a tech tell me that the first reduction in service was most likely due to the elimination of some of the older G equipment from towers.  

0 Likes