"Unlimited" Data Plan Shuts Off?
Typeaux
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am supposed to be on an unlimited data plan, but my data (video -- Pandora still works) stopped streaming after two weeks. User data says I've used "0 GB of Unlimited Data." What's up with that?  (New iPhone and new to Verizon.)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Unlimited" Data Plan Shuts Off?
Typeaux
Enthusiast - Level 2

This phone is on a business plan.

Performance Update: I tested the phone using my Xfinity app, and it appears to be working normally again (high definition video). Thanks for your attention to the matter, and I think it is resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome to our wireless family! Let's get you back to top speed as I know the importance. Do you get any type of errors when trying to stream video? What apps are you attempting to use?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Typeaux
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the quick response.

No errors. Prior to around noon on Wednesday, April 12th, I was able to stream YouTube, Netflix, and Xfinity content. I still can if connected to a wireless network, but not off the tower. My Verizon says I have “unlimited data” but it just shut off as though I had hit a limit (on my T-Mobile account, it would tell me when I was approaching the limit, even though I had unlimited with them… and when I exceeded the “limit” it continued to work normally). I’m new to Verizon and to the IOS (iPhone).

0 Likes
Typeaux
Enthusiast - Level 2

To be clear, I was watching content I had recorded on my Xfinity DVR (it is a terrific Xfinity feature that you can watch most of your recorded content from anywhere, on any device), when the frame froze and would not restart. Several attempts on other streaming services (namely Netflix and YouTube yield the same result – the static screens load, but video content will not load – l just get a spinning wheel that never stops).

0 Likes
Typeaux
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: I was able to get a new YouTube video that should be hi-res but is showing in low-res. Sound seemed okay, though it did stop the song to buffer the incoming data several times. Switched over to Xfinity, but nothing – just a spinning disk. The interface loads, but content cannot be started. Spinning disk. Same with Netflix.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking time to work with us. Does the performance vary at different times of day or in different areas?

YaleK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Typeaux
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello YaleK,

Not that I’ve noticed. I just got a call from our Mobility team, who informed me that my “unlimited” plan is a throttled plan where it cuts back bandwidth after about 10GB of data. They’ve switched me over to a pooled plan that should improve my service. I haven’t had a chance to test it out yet, but I will let you know. Thanks for the response, and I’ll get back with you with an update soon.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

We look forward to your findings once you are able to test it out a little more. You mentioned your Mobility Team--Are you on a business plan or is this your personal Verizon account?

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Typeaux
Enthusiast - Level 2

This phone is on a business plan.

Performance Update: I tested the phone using my Xfinity app, and it appears to be working normally again (high definition video). Thanks for your attention to the matter, and I think it is resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome! I'm happy your phone is now working again Typeaux. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes