Re: "Grandfathered" data plan
Its-Annie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Instead of $10 access that it is now?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

There has been a number of threads about wanting shared data...... Not that hard to believe for me.

Actually I checked my usage with the new plans and it looks like I would save 20.00 a month using the new reared plans.

0 Likes
Derek32880
Contributor - Level 1

um depends on how you look @ that Annie...  it's only $10 access line if you don't have unlimited mins and have 2 (or more) add  line/s  if u only have 1 add line then u actually pay $30 more than u would with a single plan (unless u have unlimited texting then it's $40 more)

If u have unlimited add line/s it's $50 (or $49.99)  so it's saving $20 for basic phones and $10 for smartphones  however   there sticking to every line on the acct now  rather u have 1 line or 5 lines

Message was edited by: Derek32880

AZSALUKI
Legend

Its-Annie wrote:

I find it hard to believe that anyone asked to share data..  not dumb enough to believe that line!!

lol....nevermind the dozens of threads on THIS forum, or you could google the subject....but i likely planted all of that stuff all over the internet.

0 Likes
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

no doubt people wanted to share data like minutes  (caveat) at a reasonable price

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

rrutl wrote:

no doubt people wanted to share data like minutes  (caveat) at a reasonable price

right....and all this is, is another option. i think people believe they HAVE TO choose from these plans when upgrading. you can keep your old plans, with the exception of the unlimited data plans. i've always known it was only a matter of time before they axed those. basically, unlimited data users are dropped to 2gb's/month......but EVERYTHING else related to customer plans can remain the same if they want. i'm not happy about losing unlimited data, but i wasn't naive enough to think we would actually get it forever (on contract). if people don't like the new options, then they simply don't have to select them.

0 Likes
selayan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Those that use tons of data will just need to pay full retail for a phone. I will do that, knowing I use over 6gb sometimes a month.

0 Likes
Irishwolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, I have a 3G Android phone which pretty much always runs on 1X since Verizon added the iPhone and have not been investing in their existing 3G network so the 3G network here in Seattle is way beyond its capacity.  I can upgrade to a new 4G phone on, guess what date, 6/28 at which time I can either pay full price for a new phone or go from paying $26.39 for my unlimited data plan or get my subsidized phone and go up to $46 for only 1GB with teh 12% military discount, or I can switch to Sprint and get a 15% military discount with an unlimited data plan and get all this with my discount for

for $59.49 only $13 more than what the 1GB data alone will cost me on Verizon.  Kind of a no brainer for me.

Our Everything Data plans give you unlimited data, messages and calls to any mobile, anytime while on the Sprint Network. That’s access to over 250 million U.S. mobile phones nationwide.

This plan includes

• Any Mobile, Anytime: Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S. mobile phone regardless of carrier. Any network, any time.
  • Unlimited data on our network: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Sprint TV and Radio, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
  • Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
  • Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
  • More about what’s included in this plan

Prices shown reflect your private store discount. Applies to new accounts only. Discounts for existing and add-on lines may vary, are subject to continued eligibility and available upon request.

Anytime Minutes Monthly Price Additional Anytime Minutes
  450 $69.99   $59.49 45¢/min
TruthBeTold

All,

Here is a copy of my email to: John Bianchi, V.P. National Customer Service.

Hello,

I am writing to share my disappointment with Verizon's decision to stop honoring the "Unlimited Data" option for grandfathered customers. Your new Tiered price plans are significanly more expensive while offering a measly 6GB per phone.

Two years ago I was promised by your company that my Unlimited Data would be grandfathered and honored on all future purchases so long as I didn't cancel my accounts. This enticed me to stay with Verizon instead of switching to AT&T. Recently I tried to upgrade my four iphone 4S' to 5S' and to my surprize was informed that Unlimited Data was no longer available; unless I purchased Retail phones to add to my account.

This is a clear BREACH OF CONTRACT, as I was informed and promised alternative terms. I have attempted to contact your company eight times and told that my Unlimited Data plan would no longer be honored. My intent is to pursue enforcement of these verbal contracts, which I believe are legally binding based on the activities and accomodations you have conducted during my contract term.

Therefore, this is formal notification to Verizon Wireless of my intent of litigating this matter, due to your company's intentional practice to misinform and mislead your customers for financial gain. This is arguably a direct violation of Antitrust laws and FCC rules. Additionally, an effort to facilitate Class Action will be initiated.

If you wish to avoid this legal action please arrange approval for immediate upgrade of all four iphone devices for new iphone 5S phones with two year contract pricing, in accordance with my current plan terms including the Unlimited Data plan.

Additionally, my Upgrade Date on device #4657 does not reflect the 20 month upgrade option that was represented at time of purchase.

If your written response via mail or email is NOT received before 5pm on Oct 3, 2013, pursuit of legal action will be initiated.

Respectfully,

xxxxxx

0 Likes