question about the new plan.
mfchew88
Enthusiast - Level 2

So i currently have the XL plan of 12 GB of data for $80, plus 4 GB of extra data for the two phones I added a couple months ago as well as the double your data (12 GB) both for life. From what I read on this forum so far and with speaking with the subpar CSR via chat I will lose the 4GB no matter what. I have not seen anything about the double data (with XL plan and higher) promotion I took advantage of earlier this year. The only thing on the promotion said was as followed.

~~Double data applies per month for as long as the line remains active on the current XL (12 GB) or XXL (18 GB)Verizon plan. Limited-time offer. Double data will be applied within 1–2 billing cycles.~~

Now I am going to guess since they have the GB numbers in there then that is how they can get around saying no to keeping my extra 12 GB of data. If that is the case it would be pointless to switch over to the new system since I would lose 12 GB of data for a increase of $10 a month for the XL 16 GB plan. My family can average anywhere from 2 GB to 4 1/2 GB of data a month (4 phones).

So it would be pointless for me to switch over to the new plan right? I will not get the carry over but I do not think I would need it since we seem to max out at 20 GB and that is not often we would hit that.

Thanks in advance

Eric

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: question about the new plan.
mfchew88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to post this previously but I did get to keep my bonus data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ralph1017
Contributor - Level 1

If it's the Double your Data offer for having a FIOS account then don't worry. It should stay. The 2GB for life promo data is the bonus data that is not compatible.

0 Likes
mfchew88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I double checked with them and they still insist I would lose it.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The part about that promotion is the word 'current". The plan you have was current when you go it and they knew plans would change eventually. You're not forced to change and only you can make that decision. I would just warn that you can't be upset at any new promotions that are available with the NEW plans that you can't take advantage of if you're now on what is considered an old plan.

0 Likes
mfchew88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not upset at all, just looking for others opinions if I should just leave it the way it is. I assumed it would not allow me to use any of my "bonus data" or "doubled data". I was hoping that by some small chance I was wrong.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I didn't say you were upset at the current situation. I said you can't get upset when there is a new promotion that you want to take advantage in the future but you won't be able to because you aren't on the plan that the promotion is for. Please re-read my original response.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

mfchew88 wrote:

So it would be pointless for me to switch over to the new plan right? I will not get the carry over but I do not think I would need it since we seem to max out at 20 GB and that is not often we would hit that.

Thanks in advance

Eric

I think your evaluation is correct and you would lose all of your bonus data, both the 4 GB and 12 GB promotions.

Appears it is beneficial for you to stay with your current plan.

0 Likes
mfchew88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to post this previously but I did get to keep my bonus data.

0 Likes