poor signal at home
chen1995
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've always only have one bar of signal at home, calls are always drop or breaking. If I'm not using wifi, I can't even use my lte network to do anything. But as soon as I leave the block of my house, it goes back to full bar signal. My other friends with AT&T and T-mobile have no problem with their signal at all when they come over. Can someone help me out here? 

Re: poor signal at home
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@chen1995 wrote:

I've always only have one bar of signal at home, calls are always drop or breaking. If I'm not using wifi, I can't even use my lte network to do anything. But as soon as I leave the block of my house, it goes back to full bar signal. My other friends with AT&T and T-mobile have no problem with their signal at all when they come over. Can someone help me out here? 

What zip code and/or closest major intersection is your location?  That might help an agent when doing an investigation.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
chen1995
Enthusiast - Level 1

My zip code is 97236

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chen1995, help is here! We are sending you a Private Note now. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
iribbons

I have had the same exact issue since I moved into my current home in 2009 (AZ 85140) As soon as I get near the main road about a half mile away, I get 5 bars. Around my house it's 1 or 2 bars if I'm lucky. ASU sent me a Verizon HotSpot to help since classes are on zoom since COVID. But it has the same 1-2 bars. I actually ended up having to retake a final because I could get enough signal to log in that day. Phoenix Valley-wide has over 4 million people, 5th largest in US. I was told by VZW just after moving in, that I should look into a signal booster. Apparently it is not something VZW offers. If it was, I would gladly buy one. How do I fix this? I've come up with a few options for reliable class attendance. Renting a space where I get a strong signal. Setting up my desk in a van and driving until I get a strong signal. And last resort, selling my home. They all seem just a bit crazy tho.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have the best possible experience with our service, no matter where you are. I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you. I will also send a Private Note, so we can continue. 

0 Likes