plan minutes don't add up, please help
phonedroid

3 of us are on a family plan and share 1000 minutes per month.  After 20 days of the billing cycle the three phone's anytime minutes are

1.  80 minutes

2.  31 minutes

3.  18 minutes

Total 129 anytime minutes

But another graph says we've used 435 of our alloted 1000 anytime minutes.  There are other minutes recorded in other columns but the column header for those says they don't count against the 1000 minutes.  I don't remember seeing this kind of discrepency before.  Can anyone help me understand what's going on?

P.S.  I've been using a note 2 since last november.  It's my first smart phone.  I like the device.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: plan minutes don't add up, please help
Not applicable

What plan offers 1000 minutes? Family plans are 700 minutes, 1400 minutes, 2000 minutes or unlimited.

Anyways the reporting of the minutes on the individual lines could be up to 2 days behind. Even more if someone was in a area that was roaming.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

phonedroid wrote:

3 of us are on a family plan and share 1000 minutes per month. Is this an old Alltel plan?  1000 minutes isn't one of the options for a Nationwide Family Share Plan, so I'm not sure which plan you're on and therefore I don't know which types of minutes count against your allotment.

After 20 days of the billing cycle the three phone's anytime minutes are

1.  80 minutes

2.  31 minutes

3.  18 minutes

Total 129 anytime minutes     Did you pull this number off your on-line MyVerizon account, on the opening page where it says My Usage?  Those would be the minutes that count against your allotment.

But another graph says we've used 435 of our alloted 1000 anytime minutes.  There are other minutes recorded in other columns but the column header for those says they don't count against the 1000 minutes.  I don't remember seeing this kind of discrepency before.  Can anyone help me understand what's going on?  Are you talking about the table when you click on Usage Details on the first page?  The total usage under Peak should agree with the number listed on the first page under My Usage.

P.S.  I've been using a note 2 since last november.  It's my first smart phone.  I like the device.

0 Likes
phonedroid

1000 minutes was available 10 years ago.  May be it was more than 10 years ago, hard to remember now.  We still have that plan.  I decided to call verizon customer support.  The 435 minutes is the correct total anytime usage for the month so far but the individual amounts are understated.  They are in error, because of a computer glitch at verizon. 

0 Likes