overage charges
LillyTHF

Not the first time i have been disappointed with Verizon (and probably not the last), but i stopped using my data as soon as i got the text saying i reached my limit, so to charge me extra is just ridiculous. why would i pay 10 extra dollars when there are only a few more days in my month? i wont use an extra 10 dollars worth (or any at all). please take off those charges because my renewal for my contract is coming up soon, and right now, i am very possibly switching to something cheaper and better and with a more helpful customer service team.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: overage charges
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you see the charge already chances are good your bill has already closed and you did go over your data. They don't charge you in anticipation, only once you've done it. Even if you only go over by .01kb - you're still over and would have to pay the $10. What % is your alert set to?

0 Likes
LillyTHF

since they dont accept emails anymore, it was telling them they need to take off that upcoming charge because i did NOT go over. i wasnt even using data when the notification thing came up. so i sure as heck am not paying an overage fee on the 9th. this wasnt posted as a question to answer or get opinions on, it was to tell verizon they need to fix THEIR mistake. nothing would make me happier than leaving verizon and their horrible customer service, but until the end of january, i am stuck

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did Verizon send you any notification to before your data allotment went over about the data running low? That would be the best time to turn off your data. Keep in mind, MMS messaging also relies on your data, so provide some headroom for that to function when your data is low.

Those data notifications do take some time to generate and send - up to several hours. Verizon as pointed out above does also round the data up. So if you have a 3GB data plan and you hit 3.000000000001 GB by the time you get the notice, Verizon will bill you the extra GB worth of overage.

Typically, once you get the 75% notice (depending on plan size) is when the data should be turned off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LillyTHF

It is great customers like you that have made us the company we are today. We would be so sad to see a loyal customer go. We have many great tools available to help monitor your data usage. Our text alerts are sent as a courtesy and can be delayed from when the usage occurs to when the message is sent. We have a great feature called FamilyBase. With this feature, you can set hard limits on each line of your account. Once you hit this limit, your data will automatically stop. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-faqs/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LillyTHF

as i said, i wasnt asking a question. i just want the charges taken off. and no, your answer wasnt helpful (verizon's customer service never is - one reason i am leaving as soon as my contract ends).

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

They won't just simply remove the charge. They will need to look into it. You could also look and see if you went over, if your bill shows you didn't go over, but you were charged then I would call or chat with customer service. If it shows you did go over, then you're stuck paying the overage fee.

Data can take 6 hours to be reported, meaning it could say you're at 90% when in reality you're already over because the data for the last 6 hours hasn't been reported yet. If you're on an extended network it takes even longer.

0 Likes