on ,my phone, the internet disconnects every 2 minutes
TheChandler

Even though I show a strong signal, 5 bars, on ,my phone, the internet disconnects every 2 minutes whether on my phone directly or using it as a hotspot. This has been going on for the past several days. What's going on? I have a Droid Razr Maxx

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: on ,my phone, the internet disconnects every 2 minutes
brando8998
Contributor - Level 1

Does the device have the latest software update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would definitely hinder the usage, I regret to learn of this issue but thanks for reaching out, TheChandler. Do you notice if this is at one specific location or multiple locations? Indoors, outdoors, or does this seem to happen no matter where you are? Have there been any recent updates to the device prior to this issue starting such as applications installed/software updates/etc? What are you trying to specifically  access when this happens?
ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheChandler

It happens everywhere I go. I can't recall a specific update. I update as the update reminders come up, but there wasn't an update around the time this started occurring. I lose connection on my phone, if I'm trying to access something on the web or on my laptop using my phone as a hot spot. The connection is lost after a few minutes, then takes a few minutes for it to connect again. It's very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly understand why this would be frustrating, TheChandler! We'll work together to get to the bottom of this. Just to clarify, are you finding that your phone is disconnecting from WiFi, or from the 4G network? When it disconnects, do you still show a signal, or do you lose bars of service? Do you also have trouble making calls, or is this only data?

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes