number can't be completed as dialed announcement code
Niksunshine
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every time I make a phone call i get a recording number can't be completed as dialed then announcement number then finially after that my call will go through. How do I make this stop because it takes a good 3 minutes for me to actually make a phone call

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: number can't be completed as dialed announcement code
rcschnoor
Legend

If I were to guess, it sounds as if the first time you make the call you are not including the area code and you are including it the second time.

Are you calling a number in your phone's memory first and then manually dialing it or vice versa? Do the numbers stored in your phone have area codes included? When you dial manually, even for local calls, do you include area codes?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Niksunshine, we fully understand that getting your calls to go through so you can stay connected is a must. Since this issue began, was this only in certain locations or everywhere in your local area?

JoseL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KevinSproule
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problem in Phoenix.  Despite the message the call goes through.  Come on guys fix your network.  For a while I was getting no preliminary message with my prepaid service and then the standard message again and now this.  Every call I place gets the same "call cannot be completed as dialed..." message yet the call goes through. Announcement 422046" message yet the call goes through. This is pretty embarrassing for you.

rjdpa80

I am having the same exact problem and it is annoying the heck out of me. It keeps telling me that the call can’t be completed at this time and it says message 4. This has been going on for days and it won’t stop. Help me!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes