no signal at home
tazjet
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a subscriber with verizon for over 8 years now, I have had no signal at my home all this time. I would like to be free of a landline. However I have no signal at home. I live in an area that is surrounded by towers....just none with a direct line of site to my home. Any suggestions other than spending a ton of money?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: no signal at home
deloused
Master - Level 3

Do you happen to have high speed broadband (non satellite) Internet at home? One option would be to use that with a Network Extender to give you service in your house so you could cancel your landline phone to save money and have 1 number. I used it similarly when I lived on the beach because there was a big hill behind my house blocking the signal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would have switched carriers eight years ago. How do you even know if the towers are Verizon Wireless towers? Did you once consider purchasing a network extender in the eight years you suffered without signal?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Do you happen to have high speed broadband (non satellite) Internet at home? One option would be to use that with a Network Extender to give you service in your house so you could cancel your landline phone to save money and have 1 number. I used it similarly when I lived on the beach because there was a big hill behind my house blocking the signal.

0 Likes
tazjet
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm with you one the extender, however why should I have to pay 250 for something that uses MY internet service for calls? they would not even consider a discount on the extender. I guess 8 years isnt enough.

deloused
Master - Level 3

You don't have to pay that much for it, there are some Verizon compatible network extenders available for purchase at other retailers I've seen some as low as the $70 range.

0 Likes
tazjet
Enthusiast - Level 2

considering I live in 85383 zipcode I shouldnt need anyting

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

I see that's a decent sized city, even larger cities have dead spots due to terrain, buildings, line of sight and capacity issues. It just would not make good business sense for them to give an expensive product away.

0 Likes