network extender knot working
wfitz1964
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received my Verizon network extender yesterday 3/20/13 .  I have blue, flashing red, purple, blue LED.  IT does nothing else I can't ping it on my network nor can I use my web browser to communicate with it.  In short its 250 dollar paper weight.  I tried calling Comcast my network service provider they want to sell me tier 2 support and will never accept the fact their network is basically constipated .  I got a list of IP and ports that are blocked .  so the problem is two possibilities one unit is defective or network is blocked and like "Game of Death" I have to fight my way up corporate ladder to find out who really knows or cares about my plight .

>Attachment edited to remove VZW Reps personal info<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: network extender knot working
Not applicable
0 Likes
susan1951

I got a network extender in July 2011 and it worked beautifully for about a year and a half.  I set it up myself and had not problems.  Sometime in December 2012 there was a "national outage" and my extender has never worked right since.   It would allow me to hear my callers but callers could not hear me.   After about 8 hours with CS over a few days, a fruitless service call with my ISP, Time Warner Cable and finally a desperate call to executive offices, Verizon sent me a new extender.  I set it up the same way as the first and after about 3 hours all  blue lights came one.  The identical problem with my phone occurred.  My next move was to go to the local store and beg for help.  They were very pleasant but their solution, if you can call it that, was to send me a THIRD extender which I took to the store for "checking" and was told it was fine.  When I set it up, it did exactly what yours is doing . . . I have blue, flashing red, purple, blue LED.  I tried both the build in antenna and the external antenna for GPS.  I poured over the manual (sorry, Elector, but don't you think we looked at the manual?????) and it said if this condition occurs, the unit is defective. So, back to the store to return my third unit.  If anyone has any helpful suggestions, I would most appreciate it.

0 Likes
susan1951

You must think we are dummies.  Thanks for your unhelpful suggestion.

0 Likes
Not applicable

your the one who came here and posted your tale of woe and offered no assistance not me.

the manual normally has troubleshooting steps so I looked it up for the original poster, not you.

I could have said call verizon, but I did not. Think.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there wfitz1964.  The network extender is a great device to have that brings our network inside your home. I am sorry that it is giving your activation issues, but don't count it out just yet, I am confident we can get you up and running.

There is no need to fight wfitz1964, we certainly do care and we are here to help.  If the link that Elector provided did not help than we would like the chance to troubleshoot with you directly.  If you are still having issues wfitz1964, please follow me, NicholasB_VZW, and send me a direct message with your mobile number.  I will reach out to you in order to complete troubleshooting. We look forward to hearing from you.

NicholasB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
wfitz1964
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is working but sometimes quality drops& sometimes quality is excellent. My feeling is some of problem is in my network speed is intermittent on down side up load is ok. So I'm inclined to consider a weak link on my own network. More on that latter.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

0 Likes
slange22

Get used to your NE not working....or "updating"

At least once a month my NE locks up and I have to unplug it to reset it and if lucky it works. If not within a day or two it fixes itself.

Not happy.

0 Likes