Re: mobile email won't save password anymore
hjustham

I have a Samsung Droid touch that is having the same problem of not saving the email password for Yahoo account. I have tried all your suggestions. Still not working.

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

Thanks everyone for giving further details about your issues. 

I would suggest for everyone to try unsubscribing from the application then subscribing again to see if the issue still occurs. If so, we will need a few more details. Is this only happening with Yahoo? If you have another email account, try setting that one up also to see if issue persists. Are you getting an error message the first few times you try entering the password? Did this issue start after updating the Mobile Email application? Open the application, go to Options, About and check to see which version you are running. 

0 Likes
hjustham

Sorry that was suppose to say Samsung Droid Charge. Same Yahoo emil problem. Won't save password.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi hjustham, 

I also have a Samsung Charge, and use Yahoo email. I use the Yahoo application downloaded from the Android Market, and I am not prompted to enter my password. Are you using the email app that comes with the device or the Yahoo email application downloaded from the Market? 

If you are not doing so already, please download the free Yahoo email application from the Android Market. Then, send an email to your Yahoo address and go back into the Yahoo app, to see if you are prompted to enter your credentials. If not, then I would suggest that you use the Market Yahoo application for now.

Keep in mind that there is an update scheduled for this device that may resolve this issue for you. We don't have a specific date for the update, but once it is available we will let you all know about it. 

Please let us know if my suggestion resolves your concerns. If you are having trouble with the Yahoo application download from the Market, feel free to send me a PM and I can assist you further. 

Thanks and have a great day! 

0 Likes
garne2t
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem on my Samsung Droid Charge. Verizon has told me on several occasions to delete and re-add my account as the solution. But the problem comes right back. Last time I spoke to then they said I must use the Yahoo! email app. Tried that but it doesn't allow me to see my personal Yahoo account AND my business account--hosted on Yahoo. When trying to add my business account, it says, "account already added." In addition, I don't like that you can't confirm the deletion of emails in Yahoo email. Plus, I hate the ad at the bottom of the screen.

Verizon/Samsung, please fix this problem!

0 Likes