mobile email won't save password anymore
kinglerch

I have had mobile email for several years now, and never had to enter my password. Then, a few weeks ago, it has been asking for my password, sometimes just an hour after I already entered it. It is ser to save my password, but now it is very hit and miss.

Strangely, I went on a trip last weekend to Virginia, and it didn't ask for my password any time throughout my whole trip. Now I am back in Cleveland and it is asking me again, and again, and.....

How can this happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: mobile email won't save password anymore
Not applicable

kinglerch wrote:

I have had mobile email for several years now, and never had to enter my password. Then, a few weeks ago, it has been asking for my password, sometimes just an hour after I already entered it. It is ser to save my password, but now it is very hit and miss.

Strangely, I went on a trip last weekend to Virginia, and it didn't ask for my password any time throughout my whole trip. Now I am back in Cleveland and it is asking me again, and again, and.....

How can this happen?

Thanks for posting.  I understand how this can be frustrating.  What kind of phone do you have? Have you tried to delete your email account and re add it?  What kind of email account is it (gmail, aol, etc)?  Please answer some of these questions so we can get this resolved for you.  Thanks.

0 Likes
kinglerch

I have a Samsung Alias. The email I use is yahoo. I have tried taking the battery out, updating mobile email, and using verizon's update service. I have not tried deleting the account and re-adding it. Something has changed, because it can keep asking me for my password just an hour after i entered it in, like it's not saving it anymore, or it may, with no reason.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
I would do as Sammuel suggests - delete the Yahoo email account, reboot the device, then add the email back as new. It sounds to me like something got corrupted int he set up, and by deleting and re-adding the email account, it will "refresh" the settings for you.

Let us know how it works out....
0 Likes
kinglerch

I deleted and readded the account but there is no change. I had to enter my password in 4 straight times before it would show the email account. Then other times, it will save it and not ask at all. Something's changed recently. Maybe it's yahoo or maybe it's verizon, but it doesn't appear to be this fone.

0 Likes
nuclear

My LG Chocolate touch and my wife's identical phone are doing the same thing.  I started several weeks ago.  We were in South Carolina two weeks ago.  It worked fine there.  My phone keeps prompting for me to enter my password.  I tap the back arrow and retry.  Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 tries to go in.  I don't have to actually re-enter my password, just retry.  It's really frustrating and makes me check my email much less and makes me feel like my phone is almost useless for email.

Could someone at Verizon PLEASE look into this?  It used to work fine; but, like the previous poster said, changed a few weeks ago.

0 Likes
V3user
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same problem. I have an LGenv3 and Yahoo email, and when I first started using mobile email, it apparently had my password saved and didn't ask for it. Now it asks me for it over and over before it will display my email. 

Verizon - please fix this!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for giving further details about your issues. 

I would suggest for everyone to try unsubscribing from the application then subscribing again to see if the issue still occurs. If so, we will need a few more details. Is this only happening with Yahoo? If you have another email account, try setting that one up also to see if issue persists. Are you getting an error message the first few times you try entering the password? Did this issue start after updating the Mobile Email application? Open the application, go to Options, About and check to see which version you are running. 

0 Likes
My iPad2 no longer works with verizon/yahoo mail
DRDWP

I cannot set up my verizon/yahoo mail with my ipad. It was working ok but now it keeps telling me to go to yahoo.com to verify the account when I go there, there is no place to verify.

Verizon won't allow you to separate the acounts without loosing everything what do I do.

0 Likes
Re: My iPad2 no longer works with verizon/yahoo mail
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi DRDWP!

And thanks for your posting. We all understand how it feels when you know there are emails you are not receiving. 

Please try a soft reset of the iPad2 to see if that resolves the issue for you. Hold down the power and home key for about 10 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears. Let go and wait for it to reboot. 

Once it has rebooted, please try again to access Yahoo and post back to let us all know your results. 

Thanks very much!

0 Likes